sneak peek: lynn of satsuma press

by

we’ve been loving satsuma press‘s letterpressed calendars and cards this season, so today we’re excited to have a special sneak peek into the home of lynn russell in corvallis, oregon. this 1952 home was perfect for their mid-century style, but also ideal as a one story home for their son liam who has neuromuscular disorder called spinal muscular atrophy type 2 and uses a power chair. it’s a wonderful mix of style and functionality for the entire family. click here for more, full-sized images. also, be sure to check out lynn’s blog and shop for a special holiday giveaway. [thanks, lynn!] -anne

[above: Ben made the entryway table for us a long time ago. The two prints hanging above are from the lovely and talented, Yu-I Chan, who I’ve been fortunate enough to collaborate with a few times this past year. The white plant pots come from IKEA {www.ikea.com} and the sheep photo is from Elizabeth Soule.]

The mid-century coffee table used to be Ben’s grandmother’s. The filigree plant pot is one I just picked up at New Season’s Grocery in Portland, but I think you can also get it online at Target. The leather couch and chair are from Mitchell Gold – and they’ve been a great investment, especially when we lived in a tiny house because the couch turns into a guest bed.

The living room is enormous in this house. The Japanese woodblock prints by Nishijima above the fireplace are from when I used to have a small shop selling Japanese tea and table ware.

I also love to knit, though I haven’t had time for it in over a year. The felted rocks come from Reya Veltman on Etsy.

The dining room light is a favorite. It is a George Nelson bubble lamp and Ben bought it for me for my birthday last year from Hive Modern in Portland. The table was a find from an antique shop in Portland. The teak tray and accessories were mostly found on Etsy.

The previous owners had done a lot of work on the kitchen, turning what was a smaller kitchen and eating nook into one spacious kitchen which we love. The cupboards come from IKEA.

I love that we have a guest room in this house! The bedding is from Garnet Hill.

Tucked just behind the kitchen is a long, narrow room that we use for our home office.I love this secretary desk we found at Look Modern in Portland. It’s just the right size for the space and has lots of storage for odds and ends.

1. lnm says:

Simply beautiful.

2. Laura says:

Thank you for posting this, im a big fan of Lynn’s designs, they definitely reflect her simple, clean home. Stay warm, Oregon is going through a big freeze!

3. Kristan says:

I also adore that lamp in the dining room!

4. queenpretty says:

Your table looks like a Conant Ball birch set. Does it say Conant Ball underneath? If so, you might have found something really special, I see these sets online for $2500 plus.

5. What a great sneak peek! I love Lynn’s work and was pleasantly surprised to see her house on here today. The simplicity of her space is just wonderful!

6. Laura says:

Love your house! We just moved to Corvallis. This gives me ideas on how to fix up our new home. Love the coffee table.

7. VisuaLingual says:

Gorgeous home! It looks very refined, yet comfortable. I absolutely adore your Katsuyuki Nishijima prints!!!

8. Liza says:

This is a beautiful home. I love how everything is put together and looks so warm and welcoming.

9. Rebecca says:

Beautiful! So warm and simple. Glad to see you’ve settled in so nicely.
    Cheers, Rebecca (Holly’s friend – we met at her shower)

10. Anne says:

Beautiful kitchen…I immediately started drooling over the counter space! Really lovely home – thank you for sharing.

11. Natalie says:

love this home! can I ask what the color of the paint is in the entry-way? I love it!!

12. angie says:

You have such a lovely straight-forward style Lynn. Your pieces are so unique and they all feel so natural together. I really enjoyed the peeks into your home! Beautiful! Happiest Holidays! *a

13. Reya says:

What a beautiful interior! And what a wonderful suprise to see my pebbles there!

14. laura says:

What size is your nelson lamp? Love it!

15. ursula says:

gorgeous house, beautiful picture windows. i’m so jealous!

16. melanie says:

amazing home! it’s so warm and i love all the mid-century modern furniture, and the yellow in the guest room! lovely!

i also checked out your website, awesome designs, and your son sounds like a really inspiring little boy :)