sneak peek: beklina

today i’m posting two short sneak peeks because i’m filming the last d*s video of 2008 with the “winterns” right now. while we cook up holiday treats and crafts i thought i’d share some pretty home pictures while i’m away from the computer for a few hours. these beautiful photos are from the santa cruz home of angelina of beklina design. angelina lives in this sunny surf cottage from the ’60s with her family: husband david and their two daughters carmella and paloma. they’re two blocks from monterey bay and seem to always have sun pouring through the windows. what i love most about their home is the way they proudly display their children’s artwork. prints and paintings are perfectly nice but it’s always great to see children’s drawings hung as a real part of a home’s decor. you can see more of angelina’s work right here and if you’d like to see more photos of her home, just click here.

1. Danielle says:

i love the overall neutral tones with thoughtfully placed pops of color and pattern. wonderful!

2. queenpretty says:

those blue, green, and gray tiles are super cute.

3. Mia says:

The Eames chair is one of my favourites and the tiles on the floor are lovely.

4. I’m hooked on the idea of a surf cottage. What could be better? I am digging those kitchen counter stools. I wouldn’t expect leather in a surf cottage but it works.

5. heather says:

SUPER CUTE SPACE + I love those Rachel Comey clogs in the first photo (I have them too!)

6. lisa jackson says:

this house is so gorgeous! i love the little details sprinkled throughout.

7. Sam says:

such a bright and yet cozy space for a small family..yes, surf cottage is the dream.

8. Sara says:

Ooooo! I love that yellow and blue rug! I’m on the look out for a great rug for my living room.

9. I love these colors and textures!

10. lucy says:

I love the coffee table. any idea where it is from?

11. Emma says:

Ah a lovely Hudson’s Bay throw – possibly the warmest blanket for winter!!

12. Christine says:

I am in love with the glass tile floor! It’s so unexpected and beautiful!

13. erin says:

also loving that rug, anyone know where its from??

cute space!

14. bh says:

Is the yellow couch comfortable? I’ve looked at it so many times on Anthropologie’s website.

15. katy elliott says:

The rug is from Anthro from a few winters ago. I got one. It’s super shaggy.

16. Meggan says:

2nd-ing the coffee table – it’s so sturdy and cute! I’d love to know where it’s from.

17. alyssa says:

i looove the Rachel Comey shoes. Dying for a pair anyone know where or did i miss the boat?

18. Tracey says:

I’m dying to have a sofa made like this one from anthropologie (I live in Australia so unfortunately can’t have the real thing). Please let me know on my bog if it is comfortable. Please, all comments welcome

19. fabi says:

hi, “perfect bound”! so glad you noticed the kitchen counter stools! i don’t know where angelina got them, but I immediately recognized them as the prized BIENAL STOOLS by Brazilian designer Fernando Jaeger. I’m a huge fan of his and loved to see his stool so well used. I adore the Brazilian and vintage flavour of his work.

You can see his site in English:

20. fabi says:

well, i just found out in his website: Design Within Reach is selling Jaeger’s work is USA.

21. Angelina says:

Hi,
    Yes, the stool are from DWR. The coffee table is from Ohio Designs in SF. And yes, the couch is very comfortable. I would by it again. Thanks so much everyone!!

-oh, sorry the shoes are from last year.

22. larry buck says:

excellent . you have great taste and style !

23. yeah I do agree the details in this house is amazing.. love the brightness of the room

24. Meg says:

Lovely. Where is that cool two headed lamp from?