sneak peek: wonderfactory office

since i work most days from my living room it’s hard to imagine going to work at an office again- but if i did, i definitely wouldn’t complain about going to work at this office. david link, founder and creative director of the wonderfactory (which focuses on branding and website strategy among other services) sent over these gorgeous shots of their new office design (designed by 212box). each room seems to have it’s own unique feel and i love the way they’ve incorporate some whimsical elements like the umbrellas into the decor. it sure beats white walls and cubicles everywhere. click here for more photos of the wonderfactory office, and click here for more on wonderfactory (check out their portfolio and client list, it’s pretty darn impressive). thanks, david!

[stay tuned for the under $100 gift guide at 1:30 pm!]

[this is the entrance to the wonderfactory’s “idea room”]

1. DesignerKim says:

I want to work there. Are they accepting resumes? :)

2. how perfect! all offices should be this inspiring and colorful – would make going to work a much more pleasant experience

3. Kristy says:

amazing! I LOVE the umbrella lights what a great whimsical idea!

4. Jennifer says:

Man I would love to have one of these places for my studio!! Great rooms for getting creative juices flowing!

5. The Goods says:

I love it – it has a kind of Philippe Starck whimsy to it!

6. Rebecka says:

Gorgeous! I wonder what happens if you pull the tassel in the first picture…;)

7. the umbrella lights are brilliant!

8. Nancy says:

I love the orange wall with the ornate white frames, so fun!

9. Justin says:

The umbrella lamp shades are a scream.

10. Julie Wolfson says:

I want to work there!

11. Joyce says:

that idea room entrance reminds me of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

absolutely love it!

12. megan says:

wow, this is seriously awesome.

13. rhaya says:

Personally, I love the red room! It’s fabulous.

14. So creative and fun! I think I could spark some great design ideas out of that place.

15. Kate says:

I think I would live at the office if I worked there! My favorite has to be the umbrella lights, but I also love the simple touch of giving each desk a unique and antique looking lamp. Maybe I will have to put one on my desk…

16. Cala says:

I want a room like the one with the floor pillows at home. I would spend all my time there reading and lounging.

17. Kristan says:

WHOA I’m not sure if I’d feel more creative or too distracted in an environment like this, but it sure doesn’t look like any office I’ve ever seen. And I thought my old boss’s tequila bottle collection was different… (Actually he did make his office very fun and yet welcoming.)

18. Lalla Lydia says:

Love those umbrellas and that moroccan-ish tea room! I’ve never seen textiles mounted that way on the wall and I really like it.

19. Rachael says:

It seems like Hermes must definitely be an influence for him.
    Any one know whether the umbrellas were done in-house or where they bought them? I would love to see a detail shot.

20. Reba Jonez says:

please forgive the hateration but– why am i skeptical of a business that has such a suave decor? it’s almost like that person in your office who’s desk is too pristine; you wonder what they do all day and on whose dime? i’m just saying…it really is all very lovely though.

21. Beth H says:

how great! I can totally imagine sitting in the Moroccan-inspired room for a brainstorming session!

22. Feather says:

If only young Brinda kept her living space so neat and tidy! We could start a business together!

23. Stever says:

I love those windows!

24. lauren says:

jesus christo. thats so much fun!

25. curlyred says:

wow. I want those umbrella lights too.

26. Kate says:

*sigh* If I worked here I would have NO trouble getting up in the mornings :)

27. Finch says:

Must be nice to be a designer and work in such an amazing place, rather than a less than inspirational cubicle

28. I love sneak peeks! This office is fantastic – its so refreshing to see offices that are personal and exciting. If only all employers realised that a great environment really makes a difference to how people feel about their work. Most office interiors are either cobbled together from bits of furniture from all over the place or are designed like banks.
    Great space.

29. Regina says:

Where could we get those umbrella lights, or how were they assembled from regular umbrellas? Love them. Grateful for any input!

30. amy says:

wow! it looks like 5 different offices! love the eclectic look, very fun, but why such a dowdy conference room table & chairs (in the 2nd photo)?

31. Great idea with the umbrellas! It gives a light airy quality to the room – like they’re floating about.

32. Thanks so much for all of your kind comments! As for the umbrella lights, we made those from scratch we took white umbrellas and mounted them on the ceiling then threaded a cord across all of the umbrellas with light bulb fixtures — pretty simple, and inspired by Mary Poppins…

33. Amadeo Plaza says:

I’m neither surprised, nor impressed! lol.

34. Chelsea says:

Wow, I love the idea room entrance, so awesome!

35. Judy says:

The colors play with my imagination which is crucial in Advertising!! My favorite is the red-red room with the chandeliers crying out for attention!! Any possible openings for a fun-loving Mimi who lives in Colorado???

36. kim says:

:) I had an umbrella chandelier in my bedroom as a kid.

37. Katie says:

The idea room entrance is great! Very the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!