diy project: alice’s catalog labels

today ac and i are packing up and heading off to VA for the holidays but today and tomorrow i’ll be posting as always. i have a few great holiday diy projects left in my inbox so today and tomorrow i’ll be posting some of them in hopes that you might have some get crafty when you’re home with family. today’s first project belongs to alice of peapods- she created this easy, last-minute label project using something we all have laying around the house- catalogs. as many times as i unsubscribe from various catalogs they always show up in the mail- so this project is a great way to make the best out of them- using only a gift tag punch or a pair of scissors. click here for the full project. thanks, alice!

1. Angie says:

Such a good idea – I’m going to dig out some of the old catalogues I can’t bear to chuck out and start getting busy with the scissors!

2. VisuaLingual says:

This is great! I do something similar with our less-than-perfect screenprints, reusing them either into gift tags or note cards. [When the gift inside is the same print, the effect is very meta.]

3. uncharted says:

I’m definitely going to look for one of those tag punches!

4. elisabetha says:

great idea! i’ve also been using my Toast catalogue to wrap all my presents this year. and the best thing is that the recipients all raved “where did you get this gorgeous wrapping paper??” :)

5. DEBBIE says:

love this idea! gives me a good excuse to buy one of those tag punches too : )

6. Laurel07 says:

Great idea …. any recommendations on tag punches as I saw quite a price range on eBay’s offerings.

7. wendy says:

you can also use your xmas cards from this year, or years past-usually people don’t write on the back side of the picture in the card.

try paper presentaion in NYC for the punch- I know they have lots of scrap-booking stuff, and various punches in different shapes. the website did not have it, but give ‘em a call, mayybe they can help…