diy idea: trader joe’s gift tags

yesterday we filmed the third segment of design by the book so i missed a few diy emails that i should have posted yesterday. this fun project comes from katie at ink & post and is all about my favorite type of crafting: reusing materials around the house. if you’re like katie and me and enjoy picking up snacks at trader joe’s, you may have a paper holiday bag or two around the house. katie decided to take advantage of the cute patterns on their holiday bags and create these great gift tags. nothing like making use of the things that you already have around the house. click here for the full instructions.

ps: click here to check out jessica’s guest blog post for today (on monograms)- and click here to check out jessica, librarian extraordinaire, in the second episode of design by the book.

1. Courtney says:

What a great idea! I was just looking at a Trader Joe’s bag the other day admiring the beautiful lettering. Now I’ve got something better to do with it than use it as a recycling bag!

2. Sarah says:

What a great idea! These are so cute!

3. euni says:

these are adorable, i love the contrast of the white on the card stock. :)

4. Stacey says:

What a lovely idea.

5. Kristan says:

Oh, that is a cool idea! Too bad I don’t have a Trader Joe’s… I’ll keep my eye out for other similar things to adapt, though!

6. Jennifer says:

I love this! This inspires me to work on craft paper!

7. conn says:

great idea. has me looking about the house for something similar to use.

8. Heather says:

Hilarious! I was just telling my boyfriend that I should use one of these bags for gift wrap. Great DIYers think alike!

9. Tara says:

I saw this earlier and decided to give it a try. I ended up taking plain, solid colored cards I had laying around and collaged the images to make holiday greeting cards. They turned out really cute. Great for a budget and being ‘green’!

10. Jen O says:

I used this idea for all of our gift tags–the response was great! (“what did you use for these?”)
    It was the perfect idea for those of us in Trader’s home town!

11. What a great idea- they are really neat!