2008 gift guides: samantha’s picks

[today i’m sharing two special budget-friendly gift guides created by my fantastic winter interns, samantha and despina. stay tuned for the under $50 guide at 1pm today]

this holiday season i’m loving anything vintage or vintage inspired. i’m also crazy about great packaging, which is why i included some soaps from french paper and fresh. the fragrances are lovely, but the packaging is even better. also check out anthropologie for great accessories like their amazing pinch pine tea set. i hope this list helps give you some ideas for the holidays! -samantha

[image above, clockwise from top left: apple casserole dish $24.99, pop ink soap $20, pinch pine tea set $24-$78, lomo diana dreamer camera $65, featherbrain headband $34, dean and deluca spice rack $150, vintage canisters $29, new year earrings $98, victorian ring dish $6]

[image above, clockwise from top left: over and over by mike perry $35, max brenner hug mug $9.90, cannabis, rose and patchouli parfum by fresh $75, waterlily soap $14, luxe pillow $36, yee-haw journals $22]

1. Wow! I think I love everything in the top panel! I also really like the hug mug, but for some reason I keep picturing it sliding out of my hands! :-)

2. Ahh, these are my favorite gift guides of the year! love you, design*sponge!

3. Kristan says:

The apple casserole dish is so cute!

4. Kristin says:

Love the camera! I’ve never seen a gadget so beautiful!

5. Briony says:

I really want to get one of the Lomo Cameras…I am looking into them. They have quite a few listed on the Urban Outfitters website…they even have a splitzer attachment.

6. juliette says:

so.. if they are winter interns… do you call them win-terns?

7. Nicole says:

Love, love, LOVE the feather headband!

8. juli says:

my favorite is the hug mug!

9. Jennifer "JR" says:

I got that exact headband for my sister on etsy for her birthday. It looks so gorgeous with her light blue eyes. Their craftsmanship and packaging is beautiful too. I highly recommend it!

10. Julianne (aka Samantha's sister!) says:

Samantha, I love you. These gift ideas are so you, and of course, I love all of them. This gift guide flows very well together. It has that vintage feel with the color combinations and shapes, yet at the same time, very sophisticated. I also like how it demands your attention, but isn’t too flashy. It has a laid-back look to it as well. I love this gift guide. I’m so proud to be blood related to you! I love you so much! Keep up the good work!

11. Gus and Judy says:

We love your ideas and we love you!
    Gus and Judy

12. Lynn says:

Love the choices,,, Are you hoping for them under the tree:)

13. Love those blue vintage looking earrings. Perfect for the new year.

14. LOVE the test tube spice rack..so chic..and those dreamy New Year earrings..yummy and very reminiscent of Yves Saint Laurent!