2008 gift guide: $100 and under

today’s gift guide is my final budget-related installment: everything $100 and under. tomorrow i’ll be continuing with ac’s guides for guys and the second installment of the blogger’s wishlist guide. until then, here is a roundup of great budget-friendly gifts that won’t top $100. there are a few pieces i missed from earlier this week so you’ll see a few under $25 and under $50 items in there, but i figured they were still under $100 so it would be ok to throw them in. hope you enjoy the list and happy gifting! if you missed any of the other guides from this week just click here.

[ps: in non-gift-guide news, my next martha wedding blog is up right here- it’s all about cake]

[image above, clockwise from top left: script desk lamp $60 (i love this color), miniature concrete planter $98, decanter and glass $98, pair of blue champagne flutes $68, perch vessel $56, treehooked coat rack $80, log bowls $63+, ram bottle stoppers $95, gold knuckles mug $98, pomegranate salt and pepper shakers $99 (how cute are these?), left and right cufflinks $65, iomoi paperweight $68]

[image above, clockwise from top left: card suits coasters $12.99, dolphin studio calendar $98, spice boy spice grinder $60, hugo guiness tote bag $18, initial pocket mirror $14, office owl print $58, foo dog book ends $50, monogram cuff $58]

[image above, clockwise from top left: icon watch $89, raw crystal bottle stopper $55, chalkboard napkin rings $65, alena hennessy scarf $24.99, trio glasses $68, set of 4 calling birds bowls $58, oriole teapot $60, trio pitcher and bowls $100, pierre graphiques stones $50-$100 (they’re almost sold out so order quickly)]

[image above, clockwise from left: john robshaw napkins $90, john robshaw placemats $38]

[image above, clockwise from left: thru the trees chandelier $68, martha stewart flowers for 1800 flowers (i like sending flowers for the holidays for the person who has everything) $59.95 each]

[image above, left to right: scented drawer paper from hammocks and high tea (set of 6) $25, mighty oak gift plant by todd oldham for ftd $39.99, todd oldham snail topiary for ftd $59.99]

[image above: reform pots at tortoise LA (made of chinese quince and perfect for thin candles), $69-$100]

[image above: long oval wooden spoons at shophorne (a fantastic new shop) $22]

1. Kristan says:

Love the card themed coasters, and surprisingly the snail topiary!

2. cjh says:

I like so many of these things! Could I keep them for myself? (And thanks for keeping us in the loop when you’ve posted about the wedding. I’m engaged now, too, (as of Sunday) so it’s very exciting!)

3. OH wow! The log bowls, the cuffs and the snail plant are super cute! I can think of people who would enjoy each of those as gifts!

Good thing I’m still holiday shopping!

~

4. Tara says:

The crystal bottle stopper is so clever and beautiful! So many lovely items here.

5. Carol says:

Unless I’m mistaken, that dolphin press calendar can be had from dolphin studio directly for $50.

6. Stacey says:

The thru the trees chandelier is just lovely!

7. Sabina says:

Wonderful gift list — thank , thank you, thank you!!!

8. lovny says:

Love the Minature Concrete Planters :) Want to make some

9. Emiko says:

Superb ideas…thank you!! ;)

10. julia says:

These are great!!! The Joinery in Portland,Oregon sells great spoons, utensils, etc… all wood and absolutely Beautiful!! Check it out!

11. uncharted says:

Very cool thru the trees chandelier…

12. christy says:

I love the robshaw napkins — playful design yet modern. thanks for sharing!

13. gorgeous list!~ especially love those dotted napkins. great picks, as always!~

14. Finch says:

nothing like drinking a caffeine charged drink with some brass knuckles!

15. Meagan says:

I love love love your gift guides. And speaking of love – Alena Hennessey’s scarves are well worth the money. They’re so soft and go with everything. I bought one a year ago at the handmade market here in Raleigh and it is still my favorite.

16. Kristin says:

In case anyone might be interested, I bought one of the spice boy grinders in cream at a TJ Maxx in Somerville, MA (Assembly Square) for $14.99. They had several different colors including bright pink! Just thought I might spread along a little bargain to others.

17. Grace, thank you so much for including us in your gift guide!

Kristin, we also love bargain finds! We are not even sure how TJ Maxx does it! :-) Unfortunately we cannot offer the Spice Boy at $14.99 but we would like to offer all D*S readers an exclusive 15% discount off their entire first order at shopHORNE.com. Enter coupon code DSHORNE15 into the coupon code field during checkout.

Happy Holidays!
    Alissa&Ryan

18. LPF says:

Thank you! This blog was filled with exactly the kind of gift ideas I needed for my has it all, but loved to death, mother in law. I was too late for the graphic stones (you called it), but did find some great pillows on sale at amenity.

19. Chris says:

I have about 8 different Log Bowls and love every single one of them. Want one on a budget? Target online has them.

The Oriole teapot is grea, but being a guy who doesn’t drink tea I went a different route. The Oriole teapot is by Jason Miller of Areaware and his “seconds” series. Again, I don’t have the teapot but I do have his “seconds” dinner plates, dessert plates and bowls. Love them!