green interiors

our wedding is going to have all sorts of shades of green in it so i’ve been drawing from green interiors for inspiration lately. this series of shots from this is glamorous (which are from earlier this summer) have been sitting in my inspiration folder for a while so i thought i’d share them for fun. it’s always nice to get a dose of springy green color when it’s cold and dark outside.

1. Lynne says:

I love that sofa – I am looking everywhere for a buttoned sofa like that – they don’t seem to exist in the UK.

2. Hooray for green. (And orange, too.)

3. lauren says:

love the black chairs in this little nook. It makes everything else pop and I find it quite calming, actually. Loving green.

4. VisuaLingual says:

I love the green in the first photo! It’s pretty close to the green in my living room:

It’s sort of pea, in a good way. The wallpaper in the last photo is amazing!

5. Amanda says:

mmm, love that green sofa and those curtains too!

6. susan says:

i love that lamp!!

7. Laura says:

Grace, I’m in the process of wedding planning myself and we’re doing all shades of green (and a bit of blue) too! Thanks for the green interiors.

8. Kristan says:

I really like the second photo! The bottom one is cool, but a little TOO nature-y for me, haha. I’d be like, DANG, we need to prune the walls!

9. Swestie says:

I have these chairs, but I can never figure out how to use them… turns out they fit in too much w. what I already have. I love the juxtaposition of mod v. trad in this setting!

10. Faerysarah says:

i just love how all shades/versions/colours of green somehow look awesome together no matter what.

11. Gwen says:

That sofa! I LOVE it! Details please! Desperate to get rid of the overstuffed atrocities we got secondhand.

12. Sophie S says:

Love looking at this green. It quite counteracts the relentless drizzle of November in East Anglia, where I haven’t seen anything so fresh and spring-like for what feels like months.

13. Heidi says:

These are gorgeous! Green is my favorite color! Of course, I could never decorate solely with green because I love color to much!

14. Danielle says:

Love the middle one. I’ve been debating my accent colors for my dining room and now I’m dreaming of green.

15. Margot says:

third pic is my dining room (er, nook) — a story I produced for STYLE AT HOME, Canadian decorating mag where I am Sr Design Editor. Thanks for including — love the other shots too — am still very obsessed with green. And one last tip — chairs look great but not comfy AT ALL. We suffered for a while for style but have since banished them to the basement…sigh.

16. eireann says:

this is a room in a gallery at the yorkshire sculpture park that’s just beautiful–it’s a bright green, with mullioned windows (and ivy over them) that are set in thick walls.

17. Great sofa…green is my favorite color!!

18. Great photos. Thanks. MZ

19. Love that green couch.

20. Nancy says:

I love love love these pictures :) Curtain style in the first one, big huge pillows in the second, and the fabulous antique chairs in the last, which I just have to have, now.