continuing with the ceramics theme, i created a centerpiece to prepare my table for the upcoming holiday festivities. this could also work as a gift idea, and you can make the link of votives as long or short as you want. You could also turn a pair into a pen/pencil organizer for your desk. look for straight barrel ceramics like cocktail glasses, votives, shot glasses, etc. happy crafting! –kate pruitt.
click here for the fulll post and instructions or just click “read more” below.
What You’ll Need:
1. ceramic or glass containers with straight sides (i used bathroom tumbler cups from crate and barrel)
4. embroidery thread
5. needle and sewing thread (match the thread to the color of the felt)
9. permanent marker
1. Measure and cut two stripes of your desired width out of your felt. I measured out a stripe that is 3.5 inches thick and 36″ long and cut it in half (there will be extra). By drawing a line with permanent marker you will be able to cut a cleaner line in the felt.
2. Sew a straight stitch across the top and bottom of your felt bands with your embroidery thread.
3. Place the containers one at a time inside the band and pin a straight line tightly in between each one. I left extra flaps on the ends, but you could wrap the band around to have smooth ends.
4. Carefully slide the containers out and sew the lines that you pinned with the sewing thread. You can hand sew or use a sewing machine for this step.
5. Slide the containers back in and place in desired location.
6. Add candles.