diy project: eco-happy pom pom gift topper

how fun is this diy wrapping tutorial (using old plastic bags from target!) from creature comforts? i need to go find something to wrap. click here for the full instructions.

1. dessert girl says:

So cute! I usually wrap my gifts in newspaper because I think wrapping paper is a waste, but this is a good alternative!

2. marquel says:

what a great idea! i’m overloaded with leftover bags from target. this is way cuter than using then as a liner for my bathroom garbage can!

3. Ez says:

How delightful! Thank you so much for sharing my pom pom tutorial here! Happy eco-handmade holidays!
    xox
    Ez

4. sarah says:

great idea. this is so cute ez!

5. Aaron says:

LOVE the finished product, but EEEEK are those dressmakers’ shears?? Fabric only!

6. Chels says:

I got the end rolls from a popular newspaper company, so with this plastic bag pom pom they will go smashing together. Brilliant!

7. Lisa says:

It’s very cute and clever. What it is not, and shouldn’t be called, is “eco”. It’s plastic. It will eventually go into the landfill, where it will stay cute for millenia.

8. Carissa says:

That’s really cute, but would people still remember to recycle the bag after pulling of the poof? Maybe they would save and regift it, that I can imagine. Or use it to wrap a gift of a tote bag for shopping! :)

9. Jennifer says:

Hi Denise,

I’m a huge fan of your work, especially your letterpressed “buckles” and all the wonderful things you do with glitter. Thanks for sharing so many of your ideas with us!

10. Kristan says:

Oh wow! Really cute and clever idea. Although I suppose eventually it ends up in the trash again? Unless your recipient reuses!

11. Rebekah Armstrong says:

I am not unfamilliar with plastic bag pom poms. However the “pattern” I use for them is much less work with results that are just as cute. I haven’t made them in a while so hopefully I can either find the instructions or figure out how I did it and share them with you.

12. Lucia says:

I’m getting married next year and I wanted my wedding to be eco-friendly and budget friendly. This lovely flower really inspired me to try something similar for my bouquet… I’ll send a photo if I end up doing this!

13. lette says:

love it! i linked it to my site as well– it’s recycling with a flair!

14. dorkaa says:

Great idea. I love it! but when I tried it, mine was ugly. guess I’ll have to try and try again.

15. mia says:

omg this is SO cute! my country doesn’t have Target store but i’ll find a way to make this :)

16. Erin says:

In Australia Target no longer give plastic bags for free but they charge a cost and give you a biodegradable plastic, however there are plenty of other shops yet to take this step! Great idea for recycling!!!

17. trish says:

Hi Grace. I wanted to let you know I linked back to your tutorial in my first holiday post of the season. Love your ideas! http://wp.me/p1WPm9-U