before and after: haley’s deck chairs

i always have a weakness for ikat so i was thrilled to see it pop up in these beautiful deck chairs that haley of all things grow sent over. she picked up these ages wooden deck chairs at a thrift store for only $3 each. then she headed over to a closeout fabric warehouse where she picked up this gorgeous ikat fabric for $4 a yard. a little sewing and a few hours later, haley had brand new chairs. if i had a backyard or a porch i would be doing this in a heartbeat- what a great way to update your chairs each year. thanks to haley for sharing.

have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? click here to send me your photos and story.

1. meg says:

wow, those are so beautiful!

2. Lindsey says:

These are so cute, and I love that this project is simple and affordable. Thanks Haley!

3. Jen Singh says:

How cute! I actually have these chairs that I bought from Pier 1 about 5 years ago-I wish I would have paid $3 for them-what a deal!

4. Janine says:

Nice. Really nice.

5. Mary Kate says:

6. Kim Wike says:

These are great and seem easy. Haley do you have a link with instructions on how you did the sewing? Do you have to have a certain weight fabric for these to hold a person??

7. Doh! Why didn’t I think of that? This is so simple, so brilliant. I’ve often seen chairs like this (at Ikea, for instance) that I just didn’t like the fabric on. Such a great way to customize.

8. Kristan says:

Hmm, I think both Before and After look pretty cute!

9. fabi says:

i really like those deck chairs, but i think i prefer the original version of fabric…
    it seems more true to the deck style and to the 70’s air that those chairs have. anyway, i love stripes!

10. melissa says:

I hate to say it…I prefer the before fabric pattern

11. Kendra says:

Cute fabric but would be cuter if you had painted the wood yellow or blue.