Sneak Peek: Lab Partners

Lab Partners are a design/ illustration duo from San Francisco. Their artwork tells bittersweet stories of a world where the sun never sleeps, orange tabby cats dream to the sound of bow tie butterflies, and friends share drinks beneath cupcake umbrellas.

I get inspired every time I see their work, so I asked Ryan and Sarah of Lab Partners if they would be willing to give Design Sponge readers a sneak peek into their home and the artwork that inspires them.

In the Office:
Owl by: Eszter T. Clark, Toys by: Undoboy, Prints by:
Sasha Bar
Matte Stephens
Jordan Crane
Ben Niznik
-Heather Amunn Dey

I’d like to thank Ryan and Sarah for sharing their beautiful home.

You can keep up with all their adventures at their blog and view/purchase their prints in their Etsy Shop.

1. Danielle says:

I love how playful and colorful their work and home is….Their place gets such great LIGHT! ..and the inspiration in their cat….I can appreciate that with 3 of my own inspiring little ones.

2. Ryan says:

Thank you again Dave and Grace for having us on D*S. The fame has completely gone to our cat’s head…

3. Binal says:

Oh I LUV their house!

4. Bethany says:

I LOVE Sarah and Ryan and Lab Partners! Their work is SO inspirational!

5. Elizabeth W says:

i TOTALLY want to live in a world where the sun never sleeps, orange tabby cats dream to the sound of bow tie butterflies, and friends share drinks beneath cupcake umbrellas.
    i just love the whole 1960-southern california feel i get from the little pops of shapes and colors. and that kitty is a total rock star.

6. Erin says:

I love lab partners! Tell us about the pictures in the top photo above the cabinet–are those vintage illustrations, or did you do those ones?

7. sarah says:

Thanks Erin! Those are actually vintage classroom posters we got from Dave at Grain Edit. We thought old school related items would be fun to have in the apartment given our name.

8. I love this work! What a fantastic discovery. Thanks so much.

9. Carrie says:

I have the whale print shown in the second image, I even blogged about it!

Their work is really lovely… And so is their house…

10. lauren says:

Wow, there are few designers new to me. Thanks for listing all those links. I am really enjoying Sasha Bar.

11. rkdsign88 says:

Very very pretty home

12. Pikaland says:

Wow, Labpartners works are wonderful and it’s such a treat to have a sneak peek into their home!

13. fabi says:

that’s absolutely inspiring!

14. Sasha says:

Thanks so much for including me! Great collection of stuff! Very jealous!

15. edor says:

beautiful vintage inspired art! and love the interior!