sneak peek: caryn grossman

by

caryn1.jpg
today’s first sneak peek is a glamorous departure from the real-world (but beautiful) homes we normally run. designer caryn grossman lives in an elegant, atlanta home that we thought would serve as a wonderful afternoon daydream full of rich fabrics and colored glass. having recently re-watched sofia coppola’s marie antoinette, it reminds me of a modern day twist of something straight out of the film (but instead of a grand chateau, caryn’s place is a 70+ year old former telephone factory). thanks to caryn for sharing her home with us today! you can click here to see more of her interiors work at revolution. –anne

caryn2.jpg
Home is so inspiring, I’ve moved my studio back in, and am enjoying every moment of creativity.

caryn3.jpg
I work, and most definitely play, with design, music, the alternative arts, and the relationships between.

caryn4.jpg
My life seems to be a constant experiment of combinations of each.

caryn5.jpg
I’m incredibly lucky to be surrounded by people with talent and grace, and I’ve been amazed to see my own work, and my world, grow.

cg2-079.jpg
I make my living as an interior designer, but I write, design just about anything, and collaborate artistically with anyone who asks.
caryn-crop-2.jpg
My home and my studio have always been ever-evolving installations… places where my mind, and my hands, just wander free.

img_3024a.jpg

1. cate says:

mmmm, swoon for the pink chandalier and the antique dress form with the bustley booty! so pretty!

2. emma wyngaard says:

wow!! this is definitely the best sneek peek yet

i love your space – it’s awesome

3. madeleine says:

wow, what a wonderful space that combines luxury with restraint, and transforms everyday objects…I imagine it must be a really restful home…

4. madeleine says:

p.s. is the small image of three trees a Jenny Henly (sp?)?

5. Catherine says:

Talk about elegant flair! To be honest, the concrete floors are what got me. What a beautiful foundation to work from.

6. Holly says:

loving the ghost chairs and that all black lamp!

7. Kara says:

Absolutely breathtaking!!! Such an amazing sneek peek!!
    Thanks Grace!

8. Curtains. I love, love, love (and need!) those curtains!

9. JuliaL says:

Love it! What a glamorous detour from the typical sneak peeks! I am inspired :-)

10. Oh my gosh! Can there be too much lovely? If so, she has done it. I am blown away!

11. FC says:

I love the flower pillows… does anyone know where I can get them or how I can make them???

12. What a beautiful, inspired home! I love the fits of whimsy filled with sheer beauty. Thanks so much for sharing!!

13. Kristan says:

Wow I almost feel like the whole place is an art installation. I think I’d feel too intimidated to live there, but it’s very unique and cool.

14. elle says:

the photo with the dress forms and the letter block reminds me of an anthropologie display. i love it

15. gypsy says:

Too many amazing pieces and vignettes to name, but I think the overall color palate might be the most remarkable achievement. So lovely.

16. I love the wooden sphere – for some reason that just “gets” me…

17. VisuaLingual says:

OH, WOW! I’m moving into this home stat. This is unbelievable; thanks for making my day with these photos!

18. What a charming home! I especially love the chair in the first picture.

19. Sarah says:

Sooo beautiful! I love the black table in the first picture? Any idea where it or a similar one can be bought?

20. Sarah says:

such sweetness and light, and texture and surface, and color and space. Thank you so much for sharing this.

21. stuit says:

Wow! amazing creativity to be able to blend so many disciplines into what is truly the equivalent of a still life painting

22. Emily says:

Stunning. I love the books and flowers on the stairs. A beautiful home.

23. I really love that bedroom with the purples, pinks and blues. Just gorgeous!

24. ABP says:

One word: LOVE!

25. erika says:

i’ve been to her place before, and while it looks amazing, it is not live-able. its all for the photo shoots.

26. Nana says:

I’ve been there often, and its as beautiful as it looks. Sure things are spiffed up for shows and events, but that space changes every day and its always inviting. guess live-ability depends on what we each prefer in our space.

27. Nay-K says:

I love these interiors!

28. Tanima says:

The painting in the bedroom, who is it by?

I love that bedroom, it’s like the vision for my bedroom was made to reality!

The flower pillows, I must know where to get them!

29. Dean says:

The romance in this space! Curled edges, faded shades, open spaces, and cluttered coziness. What a place to live. (Even if, like Erika says, it is created solely for the photos…that in itself is an art that I am appreciating.)

30. Dolce Chic says:

Thank you for posting this, I am redoing my bedroom and am looking for bedding. I absolutely LOVE that bedding. I would love to know where I can find it!

31. Parul says:

Gorgeous! I wish I could do the glamour thing in my tiny Mumbai apartment.

32. Hello.This post was really interesting, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this subject last couple of days.