sneak peek: adelle robinson

by

adelle1.jpg
our first sneak peek of the day features the west yorkshire home of adelle robinson and justin keefe, co-owners of the online shop h is for home, specializing in one off, vintage and handmade items.  originally two back to back weaver/mill workers’ cottages from the 1800s that were later combined into one house – 4 bedrooms, 3 floors – retain a lot of its original features with beams, exposed stone walls and fireplaces. i’m loving how they’re able to mix rustic antiques along with vintage pieces from the 50s, 60s and 70s. click here for more, full-sized images, and if you’re looking for great pieces to roundout your home, check out their online shop here. [thanks adelle and justin!] anne

[above: upstairs lounge with 1960s fibreglass and teak rocket lamp]

adelle2.jpg
Kitchen diner.

adelle3.jpg
Kitchen sink area with antique butcher’s block, old school slate and 1960s Pontesa crockery.

adelle4.jpg
Downstairs lounge with 1950s Ercol coffee table, 1960s wicker chair with footstool by Franco Albini. Hand knitted woollen throw, large 1960s oil on canvas by Gerald French.

adelle5.jpg
upstairs lounge with vintage 1960s leatherette swivel chair & footstool, hand knitted woolen cushion cover, 1960s hooped pottery lamp by Royal Doulton on a 1950s G-plan coffee table.

adelle6.jpg
master bedroom with antique candle box and chest of drawers, 1960s anglepoise lamp. Original food safe now being used as bookshelves.

adelle7.jpg
adelle8.jpg
kitchen diner fireplace with antique hanging hooks, mug cosies & vintage 1960s plates on mantle.

adelle9.jpg
Welsh wool coats hanging on the landing. 1970s pastel by Geoffrey Key.

adelle10.jpg
Bathroom shelf with leather and wooden storage cases, vintage studio pottery and tile.

adelle11.jpg
Master bedroom fireplace with 18th century oil painting and 1960s glass apple.

1. Lovin’ that orange kitchen…not to mention all the fabulous antiques.

2. Christine says:

I love this place, it seems so cozy, and with todays chilly weather, it is the perfect sneak peek!

3. emod says:

This is the most painfully beautiful house Ive seen on this site- the ceramics collection is really exquisite- i want to visit!

4. Elizabeth W says:

like Christine says, something about the sneak peek evokes cozy images of winter. i could easily imagine lounging on the couch, wrapped in a blanket sipping hot cider, or making dinner with friends in the adorable kitchen. and i will see that bath in my dreams tonite.

5. Sarah says:

i’m in love with your kitchen… the incredible floors & beautiful table…
    i want to grab a book from your great collection and relax in your tub!
    thanks for the sneak peek!

6. How wonderful! I love H is Home’s shop, and their home is so delightful. They have so many vintage treasures curated beautifully to create a unique home with great character.

7. tonya says:

It looks so lived-in and well-loved, like a great place to curl up. My favorite is that anglepoise lamp. It looks like something you have to find, if that makes sense.

8. Seana says:

I love this sneak peek! Orange is just so perfect year round-beautifully fresh and light for the Spring/Summer yet also so warm and cozy for the Fall/Winter, it’s the accent color I continue to be drawn to. This is a beautiful home.

9. kristin says:

i love all of your great antique finds. very inspiring designs! thanks for sharing!

10. Emily says:

I also love the kitchen. I spend more time in mine than any other room in the house, so I’ve always got my eyes open to see others’ ideas.

11. tara says:

This is one of the most unique houses I have seen in a while. It stopped me in wonderment!

12. orlando says:

wow. the right place for future memories to happen.
    btw the refreshing lack of white painted wood with mod pod fabric didnt go unnoticed

13. moran says:

lovely house,i wish he was mine.

14. Great house – want it! can you buy the whole thing online?

15. Annie says:

What a beautiful home. I love the painting partially shown in the lounge – any idea of the artist and source?

16. geek+nerd says:

Wow – I always think of myself as sort of schizophrenic when it comes to choosing decorating options…however what you described the “mix rustic antiques along with vintage pieces from the 50s, 60s and 70s” is totally the aesthetic that I want in my home. I’m obsessed with this sneak peek!

17. Thanks everyone for all the kind words & comments.

Answer for Annie: The painting is by Gerald French dating from 1967. We bought it at a local auction (it came home on the roof of our car!).

18. Dawn Krause says:

Great pictures. Where did you get the Lisa Larson placque from?

19. We saw the plaque on eBay and couldn’t resist!

20. Sheau says:

These are amazing. Full of inspirations. What a creative and uplifting way of dwelling. Thank you so much for sharing.

21. I adore this home and all the things in it. I keep coming back to have another look.

22. Emily says:

Thanks for the sneak peek. Can I ask for a lead to find some of those pontesa soup bowls. I’ve been hunting for those exact ones for a year now! Love them.

23. We’ve got some on our website

24. themssmiths says:

I was born in Yorkshire although i have lived in the USA for over 30 years. Looking at your wonderful place made me feel a little homesick!!!!!

25. nanette says:

Great place…LOVE it!

26. Gwen Goldsmith says:

What I love most is your recycling. A backsplash made of many tiles (easily a recycling of old samples being throw out by the seller), old furniture, repainted, or used in a new way, old kitchy dishware, which looks elegant in that orange kitchen, and old coats, suitcases, etc. make your home warm, familiar, functional and cost-effective. Love it.

27. Gush! One of my favorite online stores! And this home is exactly how I’d imagine they lived- cozy, colorful and full of fantastic repurposed things. Thanks for giving us a peek!

28. pouch says:

what a wonderful home, love the mixture of traditional and 20th century details. I particularly love the welsh wool coats.