jean pelle

tallwoodcandleholders.jpg
architect turned designers jean pelle is based in brooklyn and recently produced a small line of beautiful, hand-turned candleholders. made of douglas fir, each piece is finished smooth to the touch with tung nut oil and the tall candleholder (called “tod”) is finished with 24k gold leaf detailing. the shorter option (the “billie”) is approximately 11 inches tall and would be perfect for a casual dinner at home. jean’s candlesticks are currently being sold at clio home in soho (one of my favorite shops in the city, hands down) so you can contact clio right here to purchase (the tall “tod” candles sell for $250 per pair).

[ps: the wood has been treated to be fire resistant]

detailcandleholder.jpg
shortwoodcandleholders.jpg

1. nichole says:

Those are beautiful. The imperfections of the wood give each piece such personality.

2. sarah says:

these are gorgeous. i have a weakness for goldleaf. and this is done perfectly.

3. Jen says:

I love the top ones!! They are gorgeous!!

4. These are so incredibly beautiful and unique. Way out of my budget but sooo gorgeous!

5. Kristan says:

Very cool! I have to admit, I didn’t notice the gold detailing at first, but it’s LOVELY.

6. Teresa says:

Besides its pure beauty! I love the “Tod” and “Billie” pair twist!

7. Lee says:

can i just say ‘awesome’!!! hottest candleholders i’ve seen out there.

8. cjharmony says:

love the gold… stunning way to point out how beautiful nature is!

9. micheal says:

wow these are nice! The wooden lines combined with the gold or the black (my favourite!) are wonderful!

10. camiLa says:

STUNNING! i lovee the gold detail. it really brings out the wood grain!

11. These are interesting. It would be fun to have a wood panel wall with the gold highlight like that..

tee hee.. bling bling..

12. qetina says:

I don’t get it. Candleholder from FLAMMABLE material? Do you really think that’s excactly what good design should be like?

13. grace says:

qetina

it’s been treated to be fire resistant- that’s my fault for leaving that out. i’ll add it in now.

grace

14. what a lovely way to accent the grain of the wood. so simple and very lovely.

15. hey grace..
    really enjoyed this find.. the site is just looking so beautiful these days!!

jonathan
    dailydesignspot.com

16. Tawana says:

I don’t care what qetina said, i like the candle holders, the detailing of them are very beautiful & would be something that i’ll use on my special day like on my honeymoon.

17. Jennifer says:

Jean and I were classmates at Yale – even then the purity and clear-headedness of her designs were apparent. I am so proud of her for venturing out to a new field. Way to go, Jean! These are beautiful!