we’ve been out of school for a while now, but this is still one of our favorite times of year. we love roaming the aisles of our local office supply store checking out all the fun, colorful back to school supplies. the other day we came across these red folders for 25 cents each, and thought they’d be perfect additions to our super geeky organization routine. we made one for each day of the week (saturday and sunday share a folder) to help us keep track of what’s happening in our business and personal lives. click here for the full post and instructions or just click “read more” below.
-derek & lauren
Days of the Week Folders
here’s what you’ll need:
-letter stencils (click here for a downloadable pdf of the letters we used)
-self healing cutting mat
-glue stick or rubber cement
1. trace letter templates onto your folders with a pencil.
2. with your cutting mat sandwiched between the two layers of your folder, carefully cut around the letters with your x-acto knife.
3. choose a patterned paper and cut out a swatch that is 1/2″ bigger than your letter on all sides.
4. mark the placement of the paper on the inside of the folder and apply adhesive.
5. position paper onto folder and secure.
6. let adhesive dry before closing the folder.
7. repeat on remaining folders using a variety of decorative, patterned or colored papers.