armoire + wardrobe guide

armoires1.jpg
it’s been a while since my last product guide/roundup so i thought it was high time to pick up where i left off and start with a reader request- wardrobes. if you’re like me and are blessed with an apartment completely devoid of sufficient closet space, you may need room for clothing storage- especially something with hanging space. so today’s product guide is dedicated to armoires/wardrobes. i’ve also included a few standing storage options and media armoires that are easily converted to clothing storage. there are 44 examples to choose from in a huge range of styles and prices so i hope you’ll enjoy the full roundup. there are 22 more examples after the jump so click here for the full roundup or just click “read more” below.

looking to make your own? click here for angie’s diy jewelery armoire project. or here for more 46 more product guides

[image above, clockwise from top left: mondo armoire $1899, odda wardrobe $199, elan armoire $2199, vintage french armoire at 1stdibs, mandal wardrobe $499, planar wardrobe $4275]

armoires2.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: louis bromate armoire at 1stdibs (would be fun to diy a version of this with an ikea armoire), white mirror armoire $199.99, parisienne armoire $189.99 (my favorite and such a great price!!), sparrow wardrobe $1160, blake armoire $1899]

armoires3.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: charlotte armoire $1099, garment rack $140, kids armoire $1540, clarissa armoire $1918, cadet wardrobe $649, empress armoire $1799]

armoires4.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: sumatra armoire $1299, eina wardrobe $99.99, shutter armoire $360, iannone armoire $3,995, aneboda wardrobe $99.99, mirrored armoire by lyle and umbach]

armoires5.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: allie armoire $469 (so cute!), seymour armoire $1699, hemnes wardrobe $399, canvas cover for wardrobe rack $51.75, indie wardrobe $499, hosle wardrobe $80]

arm6.jpg
[image above, left to right: district 28 armoire $799, mirrored armoire $1739]

arm7.jpg
[image above, left to right: franquessa mirrored armoire $2439, chifforobe $2099]

arm8.jpg
[image above: chase wardrobe $1349]

arm9.jpg
[image above, left to right: campaign armoire $2225, cabana armoire $2295, morgan armoire $2195]

arm10.jpg
[image above, left to right: parker armoire $1450, cube cutout armoire $1299]

arm11.jpg
[image above, left to right: catherine armoire $209.99, graham armoire $3399]

arm12.jpg
[image above, left to right: narrow leg wardrobe $299, aaren cabinet $3199, whoops- duplicate- see graham armoire above]

arm13.jpg
[image above: yumiko armoire $1999]

1. Shashi says:

Thanks so much Grace! This made my day, now to check out all the different ones.

2. tia says:

JC Penny’s!!?!!? Who knew – I LOVE the Parisian. Must fine a penny’s and check out the quality of that one.

3. 315thomas says:

oh wow, the iannone wardrobe from 2modern is to die for!

4. Stratos says:

No sliding glass door cabinet then?

I love the elan, the ianonne (although in a year it will look so outdated) and the cabana!

5. What a great selection of styles and colors of armoires. I am loving the blue striped one from 1st Dibs.

6. simplygrove says:

WOW! That is the best selection of Armoire’s ever!!

7. Dawn says:

I wish I actually had room for something like this!

8. Oh I love these! Especially the white one with the golden twines. I might do this with my Hemnes dresser ^^

9. Sylwia Dz says:

what a collection! just stunning :)

10. phoenixc says:

wow! i had no udea JCP had such awesome selection! the white mirror armoire and the parisienne are my favs!

11. Carol says:

I love the mirrored armoire and visited the lyle and umbach website to find their superb collection of fabulous furnishings, lighting and accessories. A great site!

12. Leigh says:

the word chifforobe makes me think of To Kill a Mockingbird….

13. Uberburber says:

pretty amazing how many different iterations there can be on the same thing. what fun – and work! – to have amassed that collection for this post. the district 28 threw me a curve ball.

14. designsmith says:

these may interest readers, especially bibliotheque and the classic armoire:

15. Heidi says:

Some great choices, but my favorite is still the Anthropologie bird-cut armoire> http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=56009&navAction=jump&search=true

16. Heidi says:

Just FYI-I bought the Charlotte armoire from Pottery Barn a year ago, loved, loved, loved it online. Got it and that light blue color is much more country in person, not as soft as it looks in the pictures. Makes it feel pretty different.

17. Christina says:

Finally! I have been SEARCHING EVERYWHERE for an armoire, and this guide will be a big help! Great finds!

18. stephanie says:

BEST armoire round-up! Love them!

19. Lilli says:

I’ve been looking for armoires / dressers for couple of months now, and it seems to me, that so many armoires are either for tv’s or childrens. Why is that?

Are grownups supposed to have buil-in closets?

:D

20. grace says:

lilli

all of these armoires are suitable for grownups. only two are for children. several are labeled “media” armoires, but you can easily remove the sliding tv board and add a rod and you’ve got a perfect armoire for your clothes. :)

grace

21. stickers says:

Tout simplement magnifique.
    J’aime beaucoup l’idée originale du produit ainsi que son design.
    Bravo encore pour cet article en tout cas.

22. Irene says:

I just love an armoire, so I’m having one in my new kitchen!