ever since we bought our first piece of “grown-up” furniture (a teak dining room table) we’ve done our best to protect its surface. these cork and felt coasters are a cinch to make, and do a fantastic job protecting the wood from those inevitable water rings made by our drinking glasses and coffee mugs. click here for the full project instructions or just click “read more” below.
-derek & lauren
here’s what you’ll need:
scraps of felt in various colors
sheet of thin cork or cork coasters
3″ – 4″ circular cup or vase bottom to trace your circle
small hole punch
foam pad brush
1. trace your circle onto the cork and felt. we had a cork placemat from ikea that we cut up, but pre-cut circular and square pieces of cork are also widely available.
2. cut out the circles with your scissors.
3. punch decorative designs in the felt with your hole punch.
4. spread a thin layer of glue onto the cork and adhere to the felt.
5. clean up the edges by trimming all the way around with your scissors.