sneak peek: rebekah of sigfrids design

by

rebekah1.jpg
our second sneak peek features a 1930’s residence at the historic grasmoor in cincinnati, ohio. the goal of rebekah sigfrids and her design team of aubrie hensler, mike dereix, mom – donna sigfrids (as favorite antiquing partner)  – was “to create an earthy femininity by balancing soft modern furnishings with time worn primitive finds.” you can click here for more images of rebekah’s condo, and as always, all the sneak peeks can be found here for inspiration (and if you still need help, call on rebekah sigfrid’s studio). [thanks to rebekah for showing off her latest project! ] -anne

[above: I love the contrast of the classically modern black marble Saarinen table against the raw wood chairs. The chairs pull out the color of the very old and clearly adored buffet. I love the feminine modernity of the silk screened canvas by Jenny Sauethat is paired with a photograph by Lightleaks.]

rebekah2.jpg
I am not ashamed of my love of watching a little television (mostly Barefoot Contessa) after a long day. We composed the television with a clouds canvas, a photograph by Lightleaks (purchased on Etsy) and rustic antique finds on top of IKEA media storage units.

rebekah3.jpg
The last time my sister was in town we spent an entire day on this B&B Italia sofa: reading, napping, chatting, watching Darjeeling Limited and drinking coffee that later shifted to cocktails. The photo above the sofa is by Madelaine (purchased on Etsy).

rebekah4.jpg
We wanted the bedroom to have a barefooted sense of elegance. The long primitive church pew is where I sit to put my shoes on… and, I’ll be honest—it is also a great collector of all the clothes I considered wearing but then decided against.

rebekah5.jpg
Light filters beautifully through the big old trees outside the windows of this room, so the space required little more than a beautiful modern bed (Elemento) with a billowed duvet (anthropologie) and an old trunk that holds lots of books.
rebekah6.jpg
I was originally attracted to this 1930’s residence at the historic Grasmoor in Cincinnati, Ohio because of the elegance of its formal layout and its’ petite but gracious size. We sanded down the original parquet floors to reveal their natural color and protected them with a custom white tinted sealer. Throughout the residence this washed effect on the floors is paired with foggy shades of white.
rebekah7.jpg
The bath combines modern plumbing with herringboned white carrara marble and gold accessories. The bird painting in the foreground was created by my Mom; the bird sketches in the pair of gold frames are by the very talented Mike Dereix.

1. Jenn says:

That Ikea Storage Unit is amazing. Is it still available? Lovely home, it really is beautiful. :)

2. Thom says:

This home is so elegant!

Like Susan above, I would also love to know where the cloud canvas is from. Thanks for sharing your condo!

3. Madelaine says:

Oh wow! It’s so great to see my art displayed in such a beautiful home. Your such a talented designer. This is really wonderful. I’m so honoued. Thank you very much, Rebekah and Design*Sponge.

4. Laura says:

Truly gorgeous and so so chic. I love to see modern furniture mixed with a rustic vibe.

5. celestyna says:

SO beautiful. Rarely do I find a home I love ALL elements and aspects of. But yours I do. How much? J/k :)

6. alice says:

love the billowed duvet ;)

7. Hello… in response to the questions about the canvas (by the tv)… it is a digitally printed canvas from modern-digital canvas:

thanks! :-)

8. Michelle says:

Love it! so simple and homey, plus, hello, Barefoot Contessa rocks! My little guilty pleasure, now I like your living room even more…

9. Mike "Dad" Sigfrids says:

I love my daughter and I love her designs! She is talented as she is beautiful!

10. Sum says:

Everything blend so well. Its like i can smell the rawness of the wood, and so comfy & simple. And i love the Color too so natural. Plus the church pew is brillant. Adds a diff touch. Beautiful~

11. Ilana says:

What a lovely place to call home! Rebekah, you have amazing talent and make it look effortless. The herringbone carrara is to die for! The church pew in the bedroom is brilliant in so many ways :)

12. I am SO pining over the light fixture hanging over the dinette table and the herringbone tile pattern! This home mixes old and new beautifully — it looks like a comfortable retreat of a home.

13. Lillian says:

This is sooo beautiful.

14. This is full of inspiration everywhere, I love it! Thanks for sharing with us!

15. PS where did you find the dining room chairs? I love them!

16. LPK Trends (adriane and brian) says:

We just randomly ran into this during trend sensing and are as inspired by your home as we are by all of your sketching that you have done for us! and Brian is really excited that you love barefoot contessa too, yes she is a snob.

17. Elizabeth says:

Where/what kind of mattress is this?
    Where is the church pew from?

18. kyla says:

beautiful home! What paint color did you use in the bedroom?

19. Susana says:

Gorgeous and inspirational!
    What color is the hallway painted (in the Flickr set – it looks like dark charcoal)?

20. love the cowhide chair and the trunk nightstand. beautifully decorated home. so creative and inspiring.

21. The shade of white in the bedroom and living room is Sherwin Williams “Pure White” (our very favorite shade of white)

The foyer/hallway is Sherwin Williams “Rock Bottom”

The church pew was found at Miller’s Antiques in Lebanon, OH. The dining chairs were found in Waynesville, OH. (Lebanon and Waynesville, Ohio are great antiquing towns)

22. Deborah says:

Where did you find the rug in the bedroom? I love it. So soft yet geometric.

23. tina sevilla says:

everything turned out absolutely beautifully! i can’t wait to see it!

24. Lucy Gazelle says:

This is my favorite sneak peek of all time, too. I was lucky enough to inherit some fantastic antiques, but I find it challenging to bring them into the present. I’ve linked to AT’s post on my bedroom, which is the only room where I feel like I got the mix right so far. Your home should inspire me to keep it up!

25. I find this incredibly inspiring. Warm, cozy, simple but not sterile, pretty neutrals, Swedish-esque….I could go on. I’m going to include a link to this house tour on my blog. It’s amazing!

26. Sarah White says:

Hurray! I was just gathering my daily inspiration at work today and stumbled across your HOUSE!!! who would have guessed! Thanks for the rendering class!

27. berlininside says:

Funny, we have the same couch and the same bed in our flat. It´s nice to see how you decorate it, in particular the bed.

28. cecilia says:

I love the pillows on the bed. Where did you get them?

29. cecilia says:

Nevermind my previous question – I see the bed pillows/bolsters are from DWR.

30. Cynthia Walker says:

…beautiful balance. So personal and timeless. Can I move in?……..

31. elizabeth s says:

This is absolutely stunning and inspiring. I am just waiting to have my Cabouche installed. Thank you for the many inspirations.

Where is the cow hide lounge chair? Thanks so much.

32. melanie says:

mm i love neutral places like this, it is so lovely and calming! i could never pull it off!

33. roomenvy says:

Gosh – this is stunning. Love those herringbone marble tiles.

34. David says:

Where did you get the Carrara Herringbone from? So very pretty.

35. Samuel Rusu says:

love it.

36. Charlene says:

Perfect!

37. Crystal says:

I love that canvas print beside the t.v. looks like an md-canvas print, they have some pretty nice designs. I came across another site that also has some really nice modern art prints. http://www.pixel-prints.com