sneak peek: jen altman

when it comes to creative people, we’re rarely happy with the status quo. today we get a fantastic peek into jen altman‘s “old” house, which is beautiful in its own right, but jen no longer feels like it’s a reflection of her. so, she gladly agreed to share both with us, and she’ll be back in a couple weeks with a sneak peek of her new and improved home (i can’t wait!). what can we say? we loved her beautifully photographed “in the kitchen with” recipe, and the color bookshelf image (as seen in the domino reader’s rooms feature), and we just can’t get enough of her! Click here for more, full-sized images and stay tuned for the transformation… [thanks so much for sharing, jen!]anne

[Above: Living room detail.]

Living room. My seabury couch. I love black and whites with a kick of color – pink is always the color of choice in my home.

In the dining room with the great mirror.

Kitchen nook and menu board.altman5.jpg
Stove area and coffee cabinet.altman6.jpg
Detail next to stove.altman7.jpg
Office with desk that was once my mother’s.altman8.jpg
Colorful bookcase and a faerie. Framed letterpress cards by Port2Port Press.

1. Robin says:

love the “ghost” chairs! i also like how the books have been arranged by color. i do that too, except my bookcase is 1/3 that size… though with the same number of books crammed into it…

2. Beautiful! Exquisite style. Love the nesting tables. Jen’s blog is fabulous, wonderful pictures and lovely intimate writing. Thank you for the inspiration! Krista

3. lovely! the bookshelf and those open shelves in the kitchen are great. Thanks Jen for sharing your home with us and can’t wait to see the revamp.

4. megan says:

ooh, i love this.

5. katie says:

Any info on the artist that did those b/w paintings behind the couch? They look like abstract wings, so beautiful!

6. lucky says:

love the black white pink!

7. Katie, I’m pretty sure Jen did them herself :)

8. Kristan says:

I also love the black and white flower/wing/splash painting behind the couch! And the organized-by-color bookshelf. I think I’m going to have to cave in and do that too…

9. Amy says:

The whole ensemble is just breathtaking. Boy, would I love to live here!

10. katealtmix says:

i want to just move in there! it’s perfect, and i’m with everyone else who’s going to cave and steal that color coordinated book idea, so simple, such impact!

11. erika says:

Could you please share what that light blue paint color is? Gorgeous!

12. Nothing pleases me more than a collection, in this case a bookcase, organized by color.

13. trish says:

I love the menuboard in the kitchen… would make meal time questions in my house much easier ‘just refer to the menu’ think I might steal that idea!!!! Fantastic house, so much love gone into it….

14. Stacy says:

ooohhh i love it.

15. Mark says:

Who would have thought of pairing a contemporary pink chair with a classic secretary? Nice generational mix. It looks great…comfy too!

16. Carolyn says:

How funny! I have my Tricia Guild book on top of my lucite nesting table as well… :-)

17. kristina says:

love the glass vase in the kitchen holding kitchen tools. i have been looking for something for all my stuff too, and settled on two IKEA flower vases, but they are WOEFULLY inadequate. I’ll have to keep my eye out for some nice glass like yours!!!

Thanks for the inspiration, and how I envy your home! How can it stay so nice with kids living in it!?!? Oh, maybe it’ s the faery wand that straightens out the mess?!!

18. mikro says:

love the pink spatulas :). Where is the menu board from? I’ve been looking for one and this would fit the bill. Thanks for the inspiration.

19. YVONNE says:

Anyone know who designs the pink chair??

20. Love the dining space, the kitchen and the office desk. Beautiful.

21. Michele says:

I love the hot pink chair at the desk!

22. Rachel says:

i absolutely love it. wanna trade?

23. Pearl O says:

I love how the books are colored cordinated!

24. Cláudia says:

hi there! I love everything about you amazingly beatiful house but something catched my eye….that amazing lamp in your living room where did you get it or what’s the brand…. cause i’ve been looking for it everywhere ….hihi…best regards from Portugal

25. Carlos says:

That pink chair is a Vernon Panton Chair, is a Mid Century classic.
    Love this place!

26. nikki says:

prefect kitchen

27. teenie says:

love,love,love it !!!!

28. Darell Bath says:

These kinds of are getting to be wonderful all over again exercise routines ?n which enables us to take it easy a vertebrae along with sleep accordingly without the expertise on the subject of tension in your once again.