maryhill clayworks + clever gift wrap

1238.jpg
yesterday i heard from talented ceramicist jacques schickel of maryhill clayworks. in addition to having a lovely collection of ceramics available for sale- i was positively nutty about the gorgeous hand-painted gift wrap project he showcased on his studio blog. i’ve always wanted to switch to entirely hand-made gift wrap for the holiday season and this is definitely the inspiration i needed to get started on ideas for this year. jacques final project reminds me of one of tord boontje‘s wonderful woodland designs and would be perfect for a shower, housewarming, birthday or holiday gift. click here to check out jacques’ process and here to check out jacques’ work at maryhill clayworks.

2181.jpg
3133.jpg
480.jpg

1. Aels says:

The color combination is perfect. Beautiful paper, the only problem would be – I would not want to open the present!
    This is also serves as a good way to reuse stuff.

2. Diane Zerr says:

I thought of this myself and this weekend while picking up paint from Lowe’s, I saw a roll of Contractor’s paper which is like a thick kraft-colored construction paper which would be perfect! It’s a 28″ wide roll and is under $10!

3. Uncle Beefy says:

I’m right there with Aels! It’s beautiful as is Jacques’ work! So glad for the introduction and the inspiration…bonus!

4. Maria says:

My goodness! With hand painted wrapping paper, I might have to insist that everyone carefully and gingerly unfolds their gifts. Worthy of framing!

5. Fifi Flowers says:

GREAT WRAPPING… open carefully to frame it!

6. rebecca says:

That’s a ton of work, but it looks great and makes the gift extra special.

Here’s another awesome, earth-friendly way to wrap (courtesy of Amy at Angry Chicken): http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2008/06/furoshiki-cooln.html

7. Megg says:

I’ve watched Jacques create his wonderful pottery line and love to see
    find opportunities to create more!
    I am a collector of this artist!

8. alice says:

this looks so nice. i would be sad for someone to rip it up though, after all of the time spent decorating it.