before and after: jim’s entryway

after5.jpg
sometimes a few small changes can make a really big impact. i love the way jim from moderncraft updated his entryway by covering the old “craggy” brick wall with a wooden slat wall and modern house numbers. such a nice facelift. click here to visit jim online.

[have a before & after you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me a line right here with your images]

before5.jpg

1. susie says:

Awesome! What a difference!

2. c.king design says:

i love designsponge, but what happened to all of the great new design we used to see on your site? this hardly seems worth posting.

3. Anna says:

You don’t see it? Try scrolling down, ckingdesign.

Anna

4. it turned out GREAT. I love the choice of numbers as well.

5. cjh says:

And, see? I think this is fantastic. A great work-around. Love the font on the numbers.

6. Lee says:

c.king – I think there’s plenty for everyone to find something inspiring on d*s. I far prefer the posts that feature practical, affordable design solutions from real people. I just saved this image to my House Idea folder — it looks fantastic.

7. jennifer g says:

simple, modern solution–wish he’d walk around MY house and give me some similar ideas!

8. Jen says:

I like the font on the new numbers but the before design is just more dynamic and interesting. The after is just a little too generic for my taste.

9. Melissa says:

Simple change with high impact! An inspiration all around. Thanks for sharing.

10. paperNstitch says:

beautiful! clean and simple

11. Cindy says:

I think the change was extremely effective. It doesn’t scream mid-century or anything other than, who ever lives here is cool and has great taste.

Thanks for sharing this.
    Cindy

12. Teresa says:

wow..what a makeover! Even the plants look better :) looks awesome!

13. lachapina says:

That looks great! Big improvement.

14. joslyn says:

this looks amazing. jim and his wife have such amazing taste!

15. Bobby Joe says:

haY I LUV DA TRANSFORMATION! it looks alot betta nice work!

16. Glorious says:

Wonderful Modern Transformation! You must love coming home to see how stylish this looks each day. And it’s such a simple solution too.
    Bravo!