sneak peek: trine of ferm living

i’m always in awe when an email arrives in my inbox saying something like, “we did a ‘photoshoot’ this weekend (luckily the sun was shining ;-) i hope you can use some of the pictures.” use them? grace and i were totally blown away! but really, we shouldn’t have expected anything less from the founder and creative manager of ferm living, trine andersen, a woman whose visit to a clairvoyant (just for fun), combined with a longtime dream, turned into a successful enterprise incorporating her passion for graphic design, interiors and fashion. today she and her husband martin graciously open the doors to their danish home (which acts as an incredible window to danish design). and if what you see below isn’t enough, you can check out more, full-sized images here. [thanks trine!]anne

[above: temporary bedroom. . . soon to be kids room ;) . . . original door handles from ’65 maintained throughout the house. . .wallpaper (wilderness) and bedding (flower mess) from ferm living. . .lamp from IKEA. . . chair found at a flea market. . . gold frog was a present to trine from martin (royal copenhagen)]

living room for tv and chilling out. . . couch from illums bolighus, copenhagen . . . table is vintage found at a web auction. . . lamp: flos. . . table vases are vintage, floor vase kahler by holmegaard. . . pillows by ferm living. . . magazine holder is own design.

entree. . . wall dots wallpaper from ferm living. . . coat rack = flea market find . . . fig cactus.

make up table in bedroom (table from room/habitat) . . . the stool is a copy of an old french stool. . . the pillow is a prototype of a new ferm living design.

bathroom (remodeled two years ago). . . light bulb wall stickers from ferm living. . . plastic cupboards from kartell. . . handmade vases from claydies. . . step on can from vipp.

kitchen (renovated four years ago). . . digital printed custom wall from wall collection.

home office with feather wallpaper by ferm living. . . vintage hans olsen chairs from an auction. . . lamps by le klint and light years. . . we made the shelf and table ourselves from an oak tree that was stained black.

the house was built in 1965 and is surrounded by old trees. we added the balcony last spring and have enjoyed it a lot already!

sunday brunch on the balcony! cups and plates by royal copenhagen.

we’re expecting a baby in august and can’t help start collecting all kinds of fun stuff to put in the kids room ;-) . . . teddy bear from trine’s grandmother, red horse from sweden, vintage doll from bon point. . . puppet on a string (gift from neighbors). . . snowglobe from new york. . . gold shoes from spring court (size 18) . . .

1. Anna says:

Beautiful! This is the best sneak peek in a while. I want to see more of the bathroom!

2. megan says:

oh, this is so wonderful — i love! great sneak peeks today.

3. LuLu says:

Gorgeous space. I’m in love with the jewelry tree on the make up table. Please tell us where it came from?

4. This is a drop-dead gorgeous sneak preview! I love the color selection!

5. lucky says:

so perfect. i love all of it.

6. so peaceful-what a lovely home- imagine the babies room!

7. read me... says:

Blimey… what a wonderful home! And the collection for baby’s room…!!

8. jennifer g says:

second the question about the sweet blue jewelry tree . . .

9. Sol says:

wow… the photos are stunning! I’m sure your baby will have a lot of fun memories in this place.

10. jaime says:

Wow I really want to move in. i love the wallpaper throughout. it really shows that wallpaper is still very cool and relevant.

11. christiana says:

Trine – your home is stunning! And, the balcony picnic is quite hygge, yes? I can’t wait to come visit!

12. Kristan says:

Oh wow… I could go without the wallpaper in the office (how is one to focus with giant peacock feathers in the background?) but everything else is amazing!! Love the colors, the mod furniture, and the textures!

13. heidi says:

holy cow! those pictures are incredible. thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.

14. Trine says:

thanks for all the wonderful comments!!! We really appreciate it.
    The jewelry tree is from a vintage shop in Copenhagen, but I’m pretty sure I have seen something similar, I just can’t remember from wich company… I’ll write if I figure it out ;-)

15. This is probably one of my favorite interiors!

16. Elizabeth W says:

when i go to sleep tonite i will visit this place in my dreams! sooooo beautiful! how could anyone feel mopey with so many happy colors and shapes everywhere

17. georgie says:

loooove this sneak peek. it all looks so good! hard to pick a favourite bit..

I love the world map wall sticker on the ferm living website, gutted I cant get it here in the UK :(

18. Mette says:

good news! The world map wall sticker is available in the UK :) Try

19. Minna says:

really inspiring! yet another wonderful impetus to move out of my rental so i can do things like add wallpaper in the office. ;)

20. georgie says:

Thanks Mette! I see the site does the peacock feather wallpaper as well! hurrah!!!

21. Kristin says:

I know this is a ridiculous question seeing how amazing these photos are for so many other reasons than this – but does anyone know where I could find a black plastic Victorian hair brush like the one in photo #6? It’s to die for!

22. Elissa says:

Kristin, I was thinking the same thing!
    Everything on that dressing table is absolutely gorgeous, especially the hairbrush!

23. stephanie says:

Kristin- I believe the hairbrush is Anna Sui.

24. MissL says:

Loved this interior. It’s elegant but still so very liveable and personal.

25. Liza says:

Trine, the horse from Sweden is called a dala horse.

26. randi says:

Hi! where in the world would I find a basket like the gorgeous yellow one in that picture. I want it so bad it is exactly what I have been looking high and low for. Your house is so dreamy. swoon.

27. David says:

What an absolutely wonderful house tour (enough for me to come out of hiding and post my first comment). Each room looks beautiful.

28. sunny says:

beautiful home!

and congratulations on the birth of your child!!

29. sunny says:

[trine’s child, of course]

30. claus says:

wonderful house, great taste

would be happy to join you for brunch anytime.

31. Mindy says:

I think the “jewelry tree” is actually an old “gumdrop tree” people used to place the candy on. My mom has some from her childhood (1950s). I bet you could find one in an antique store, especially around Christmas.

32. jelly says:

nice website and stuff

33. Laban Paul says:

Wow! This is very nice. Bathroom looks so cute and luxurious too.

34. Laurent says:

I was looking for a vintage seat for my desk and I ‘d like to know if anybody knows where I can find something like this one in the office ? (website or contact)

Thanks a lot !

35. Chloe says:

I HAVE to know where that dressing table is from.. it would match my room perfectly and I’ve been endlessly searching for something exactly like this one