sneak peek: lara ferroni

by

lf1.jpg
seeing as it’s friday and “in the kitchen” day, it only seems appropriate to share a sneak peek of the kitchen of food photographer lara ferroni. you may remember her from her great toasted sesame and vanilla ice cream recipe she shared on d*s a couple months ago where the pictures look as delicious as the food itself (and is majorly making me crave ice cream right now!). lara has a small studio based out of her home, and this is where all the cooking and styling happens. she’s super lucky to have such amazing natural light. thanks to lara for sharing pictures of her home today! if you’re looking for something for dinner tonight, check out lara’s other sites cook and eat and still life with. -anne

[Above: My kitchen window sill is filled with herb cuttings that I’m attempting to grow. Most of these have come from friends plants… a few I’ve managed to start from grocery store purchases.]lf2.jpga few of my props… including stacks of various bread boards I’ve found (usually ebay), a few catherine holm pieces, mint julep cups, flatware, bottles with little fake cherry blossoms, piles of linens.lf3.jpglf4.jpga few of my props… including stacks of various bread boards I’ve found (usually ebay), a few catherine holm pieces, mint julep cups, flatware, bottles with little fake cherry blossoms, piles of linens.lf5.jpgThe house is filled with light… tons of leaded glass windows in every room. My studio has southern and western light, which is my primary light source for my photography.

1. I really love these shots! They are beautifully simple, yet still “tell” Lara’s story so well. Thanks so much for sharing. And I think I need to go get some ice cream now…:-)

2. themediatrix says:

Hmmm…I wish we could see more. Maybe some long shots? Everything is cropped so tightly! I’d love to see the rooms.

3. Summer says:

Oh, how I adore Lara… she is one of my favorite bloggers/photographers/food-oriented people. And oh, her home is absolutely lovely!

4. victoria says:

so lovely to look at — thank you for sharing her work, grace!

5. Jehanna says:

Beautiful pictures, this is a very inspiering blog!

6. JUST COOL Design Blog says:

i love her eclectic hodgepodge ….very inviting

7. laura says:

hello. i love your blog! i try to visit it everyday. i was so happy to see the picture of the fake cherry blossom, where can i find them?. i went to Ikea but the stems look so FAKE-CHEAP. please, let me know where can i get cute and “real” flowers. :) lots of hugs from ensenada, mexico! (well, rightnow i’m writinf from san diego, ca …but i usually visit your blog from my hometown in mexico)

8. Audrey says:

The stairwell and door photograph is my favourite, soso beautiful! Can’t beat natural lighting!

9. L says:

Thanks all! Glad you enjoyed the shots… I’m not much of an architectural photographer… so sorry there are so few wide shots. I’m kind of a vingette kinda gal.

Anyway – the cherry blossoms were from Pottery Barn. I think I got them in February, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find.

-L