before: courtney’s dining room makeover

courtney at nesting instincts sent over her great diy dining room makeover. her old chairs were in serious need of some love- which was administered courtesy of a coat of shiny silver paint and new fabric from amy butler. combined with new tabletop decorations, they make up courtney’s three part dining room makeover. click here, here and here for courtney’s detailed posts on the project.

[courtney’s mantle reminds me of one of my favorite sneak peeks- andy beers]

1. David Santos says:

Really beautiful!
    Excellent post.
    Happy day

2. ThePeachTree says:

*note to self* must learn to reupholster….

3. Oh! Where is the starburst mirror from? Courtney, please do tell (we do have the same name after all, and apparently, very similar taste!)

4. Evie says:

Ooh! And those plates? Where are they from? I’m on a china kick…

5. amy says:

how amazing is that built-in cabinet/display case? i am so envious!

6. Kristan says:

I love all of it, except the shiny paint on the chairs… I actually think the new fabric could have looked nice with the wood, and then the chairs would have matched the table still. (Although I guess she wasn’t a fan of the “matchy-matchy,” hehe, as she put it.)

Love everything else, though!

7. lucky says:

well i love it – and i love the fact that she just went ahead and did it – i applaud your effort and hope you just love your new space :)

8. Courtney says:

thanks you guys! thanks Grace for posting my before-and-after…I’m honored! The starburst mirror is from Target – it was part of their Global line that is since discontinued. The dishes are the Mist set from Crate & Barrel.

9. Sarah says:

What a fantastic place setting!

10. SmilynStef says:

What a wonderful makeover … love those colors.

11. phoenixc says:

How very pretty! Love the place setting too! :)

12. aLi. says:

here’s another mirror that isn’t exactly like the one courtney has, but it’s affordable and cute!

13. Mikael says:

nice post, thank you!

14. This dining room makeover is one of my favorites ever. I want it! Kudos to Courtney. -Julia :-)

15. i love this! very cute! love the color combo.

16. quiltmaster says:

Very nice. What paint for chairs, please?

17. chelsea says:

I love this! I have been seeing it everywhere lately.