before and after: joslyn’s bar

joslyn at simply lovely sent over this fantastic before & after. her wallpaper makeover project is proof that a little wallpaper can go a long way. joslyn picked up a roll of cole and son‘s popular “woods” pattern and redid the hallway/bar area in her home- which makes for a great splash of detail in between rooms. we’re about to wallpaper a wall in our home (pictures coming soon!) so i’m always excited to what people do with wallpaper in small spaces. thanks for sharing, joslyn!

[ps- one more thing i’m excited about: trade a favor.com. someone should definitely take advantage of the handmade wedding invitations trade that’s up!]

1. Elizabeth W says:

i love that wallpaper! (i think i saw a similar design that had blackbirds in the branches) from the glimpse i see of her dining area i would LOVE to see more ala sneak peek, i like the green accent wall, the zebra rug and the table & chairs, they all compliment eachother – give us more joslyn!!!

2. Julie R says:

I’ve been on the hunt for that wallpaper! I actually used it in my wedding inspiration board and have completely forgotten where I found it. I’d love the source!

3. carlene says:

That is gorgeous. What a lovely space.

4. joslyn says:

Julie — you can get it by the roll at: http://store.roseandradish.com/product-exec/product_id/1130/nm/Cole_Son_Woods_Wallpaper but I went through Marcy at discount decorator (www.discountdecorator.com) and she got me a great deal on two rolls.

5. Uncle Beefy says:

OOooh, yay! Have been waiting to see this transformation and it did not disappoint, Miss Joslyn! And I’m with Elizabeth….more, more, more!

6. Janet says:

I like the wall paper, but the green wall, even better. What is the color?!!

7. What a great before and after! The wallpaper really compliments that green wall. Love the dining room table and chairs, too!

8. Amy Martin says:

LOVE the green wall with the zebra rug! It’s amazing how much the the change brightened the room.

9. WOW! It looked great before, but wow, it is just FABulous! :) Thanks for sharing!

10. lnm says:

It looks teriffic! What a great idea.

11. queenpretty says:

I think this looks so good, it makes the space. I am with Elizabeth, if this is any indication of the rest of the house I would love to see more. Love the bold green paint choice, I wish I had the guts to pick a color like that! The paper totally elevates that green!!!

12. Jim says:

You have beautiful house (love looking at your flickr photos) and this just made it that much more interesting. A very dramatic punch to the room.

13. maria says:

Must see more of this house!

14. Beth says:

this looks amazing! i’m in love not only with the paper, but with the dr chairs… where are those from??

15. karyn says:

I love, love, love that wallpaper! It looks fantastic.

16. Michelle says:

That *greeeen*!!

Goodness. Be still, my beating heart.

17. joslyn says:

thanks so much for the nice, nice comments!

the chairs are from Ikea

the paint is sherwin williams “cilantro” 6453

18. Elisabeth says:

Thanks for the info on the green paint. What a gorgeous choice for that room!

19. Valentina says:

wow, i like “before” too!

20. Fancy says:

I have been gathering sources for RUSTIC wallpaper. This is perfect!! Love it…

21. Amy says:

Where did you get the round light? I love it!!

22. joslyn says:

amy — the nelson bubble lamp is from design within reach

23. Mette says:

I’m crazy about that wallpaper! I just love this before and after section. What fun one can have with old things and a little creativity! Thanks for the inspiration. :)