sneak peek: jessica helgerson interior design

i know this is supposed to be my week off but i had to add this beautiful interior designed by jessica helgerson design of portland, oregon. on a spring day like this when all i want to do is lay under a tree and feel the breeze around me, a home like this is just what i need. all i can say is: well hello, dream house.

the bright and white green color palette that jessica worked with is a breath of fresh air- i love all of the branches placed in glass containers, the cavern wallpaper in the bathroom and those gorgeous glass pendants from niche modern. i think i could curl up on that couch (next to the cute dog) and be happy in this home for a long, long time. thank you for jessica for sharing this incredible home and thank you to photographer lincoln barbour for sharing these photos. you can see more of jessica helgerson’s work right here. [for larger versions of these photos, click here]

[extras: andy beers, who has shared a sneak peek and diy project with us, works at jessica helgerson design. click here and here to see his projects on d*s]

1. Lisa says:

I honestly cannot look at the site with all those flashing Ads on the side. Seizure city.

2. phoenixc says:

Sublime! I love the colours – it’s so fresh and light…and it confirms my colour choices for my own home! :) Thanks so much for the sneak peek!

3. ann says:

love the living room rug – where is it from? and would love to know the paint color in the child’s room. beautiful!

4. Andy says:

I’m so glad people like this project- it was tremendously fun to work on! I’ll do my best to answer questions about sources (and those gorgeous maple trees.)

Alicia- the glass jars are antique French demijohns. They are also sometimes called carboys. These ones are from a flea market, but you can also find them online.

Kate- the paint in the green bedroom is Benjamin Moore 514 “Flowering Herbs.”

Lillian- the wire pieces over the fireplace are vintage Portuguese eel traps. They cast really beautiful shadows at night.

Elizabeth- the window seat upholstery actually is “Bead” in green from Hable. We also used Hable pillows in the living room. Great idea!

Samantha and Karyn- the wall decals are from Blik, designed by Mel Lim.

Sarah- the stools are called “Onde” and they’re manufactured by Stua. You can order them through DWR.

Abby- the set of vintage Danish armchairs in the living room isn’t attributed. They were purchased through an online dealer, but don’t have any labels or markings. They do have a lovely shape!

And the trees . . . they are branches of young maple trees, and we were lucky enough to inherit these cuttings from a neighboring property. They only live a few days once they’ve been cut, as the leaves are quite delicate. The branches were brought in especially for the photos; at other times there are potted plants in the space (which are also beautiful, but not very tall yet!)

Thank you for letting us share!

5. Judit Gueth says:

It looks really clean and fresh. I love the wallpaper in the bathroom!

6. james says:

this is my perfect house in so many ways….

7. KT says:

for some reason this brings to mind the Eames House.

8. jeremy says:

beautifully designed project!

it makes us so happy to see our products in their final environment. usually we’re the last ones to see, or most of the time we don’t get photos of the installation — so many thanks to the designer and client for choosing our Pod lighting fixture, and hats off to the photographer for doing such a great job photographing them.

niche modern

9. Kim Gray says:

Super Stylish!
    Crisp and clean!

10. Kadeedy says:

I love her palette, and the Cavern paper looks awesome as a bathroom accent. The large mirror really expands the pattern. Nice!

11. Cassie says:

What about the floor lamp in the living room? I’m guessing it’s an antique. My hunt for the perfect floor lamp continues.

12. eleni says:

wow! so sparkly ,fresh and so clean!

13. Cindy says:

I love mel lim’s paper plane decals. i have some in my office! it makes me happy to go into work everyday to look at them!

14. fanny says:

oh this interior is beautiful. love love it.

15. Joseph Rudi says:

Its beautiful. And so so inspiring. I find interiors such as these are the ones you dream of at night and wish to come home to every day. The paper aeroplane design was particularly fabulous!

16. denise says:

love the floor lamp too…ditto on the search for the perfect floor lamp.

Is the couch vintage?

Lovely home. The window seats are a dream.

17. jennifer says:

i’ve been scouring the internet for that floor lamp…where is it from!?!? what a beautiful home!

18. Paavani says:

white and dash of green

Just too good.

its a pretty house!

Thanks Grace for sharing this.

19. zee says:

I am totally in love with the couch! would you please tell me (us) where it’s from?

thanks so much.

20. Andy says:

Cassie and Jennifer-

The floor lamp is by Kenneth Cobonpue. It is from the Kai series. Check out

Zee- the sofa is an Ebay find- no labels or tags, unfortunately.

21. Mary says:

Bravo on your tastefully designed home. Could you tell me where the leaf-shaped candle sconces in the stairwell are from? Thanks!

22. Charlotte Anne says:

The lights by Niche Modern are consistent with the beauty of all their designs. I could move into this home in a heartbeat. Kudos to all the designers!

23. Jacqui Hayden says:

Beautiful! We are currently renovating our London home and you have given much inspiration. Could you please let me know where you got the three ceiling blown glass light shades from?

24. grace says:

those lights are by niche modern- the link is in the post above :)

25. Geof says:

Stunning. Can you please share with us the candle wall sconce with leaf shaped emblem. Where did you find such beautiful treasure? Geoffrey

26. Andy says:

Geof and Mary,

The candle sconces with the mirrored leaves are from Oly Studio. The style name is “Isabelle.”

27. Pratish says:

very very cool…
    I want it all!

28. Joy says:

I just purchased the same wallpaper for my kids room at
    It is beautiful.

29. geraldine says:

wow. i WANT that house.

30. HeatherJ says:

31. Ari Athans says:

oh this is my dream house. green white and black is perrrfect combination. cool

32. christine says:

WOW, this is so beautiful.

33. Gaby says:

I would like to know where you buy the 2 wood chairs in the living room, I have a very similar one and I would like to buy more of this.

34. Ashley says:

Luv it! High =contrast…w/ the brushed knobs on the stark white doors are rad…needless to say the espresso colored wood floors are gorgeous, but with two kids, in ain’t going to happen! Boo hoo :( Tear.

35. Kristin says:

Andy, can you tell me about the mirrored cabinet between the Oly sconces? Beautiful home. Congratulations. Thank you.

36. Katy says:

Go Portland!!!

37. Kate Ruddle says:

Some of my small wrapped package series pieces would look amazing in this beautiful house! I love it.

38. Tanya says:

Oooo, I love this home. The bathroom is so gorgeous. I love how bright every room is. I’m a huge fan of crisp white walls.

39. Beautiful! The blue demijohns look very much like the ones in my catalog.

40. Pandora says:

Absolutely stunning! I love the greenery, nature brought indoors. I could easily live here!

41. Rebecca says:

Jody, thank you for sharing a link to our site for the Bamboo Cloud Chandelier ( I’m so very happy that you love it! (I would love to see pictures if you have a chance to email me through our website.)

Jessica Helgerson is an inspirational designer and it is a compliment that she chose to use the Bamboo Cloud Chandelier in this gorgeous home. Beautiful job throughout, Jessica!

42. Nerlene says:

I love your work

43. Mike says:

Wow, This is amazing! I love the custom wall mural in the bathroom!!!

Great work!

44. I followed the links from Pinterest. I love the simple color scheme,and the use of real greenery. This is one of my all time favorite homes done in Mid century style but with just enough modern touches so that it is definitely not cliche`. I could happily live here! Just beautiful! I will be sharing on Facebook.