2008 Scholarship Finalists: Finalists 9-12

[finalist #9: paige smith]

-paige is a senior studying fibers at the savannah college of art and design (those are her pattern designs above)
-click here for more of paige’s work
-click here to vote for paige smith (voting opens at 1pm)

_______________________________________________

[finalist #10: zena pesta]

-zena is an undergraduate studying ceramics at the cleveland institute of art
-click here for more of zena’s work
-click here to vote for zena pesta (voting opens at 1pm)

__________________________________________

[finalist #11: sharon levy]

-sharon is a junior at the art center college of design
-click here for more of sharon’s work
-click here to vote for sharon levy (voting opens at 1pm)

__________________________________________

[finalist #12: reina takahashi]

-reina takahashi is studying communication/graphic design at carnegie mellon university
-click here and here for more of reina’s work
-click here to vote for reina takahashi (voting opens at 1pm)

_________________________________________________________

1. patricia says:

Hi Grace,
    Great selections.

You have 2 Number 5’s
    and 2 Number 11’s. You have the person’s name but it could cause confusion.

2. great selections… but i’m sold by those cat things. and look at those cats sleeping on each other! i’m a sucker for cats.

3. Zena’s ceramics are great.

4. i love zena’s ceramics. a bold, modern take on my favorite thing…china!~

5. Emily says:

I love my Zena bowls- cereal just tastes better from them!

6. Neil says:

What a creative twist by Sharon–for the cat lover who is willing to turn pet comfort into wall design. Not only is this “thinking outside the box” but it is recreating the box…

7. roberta says:

I like the good fragmentary ideas of Levy…and the intelligent info-pack of takahashi..
    roberta

8. Susan says:

I really hope Sharon gets a manufacturer for ‘Habicat’, it is exactly what my cat and I need.

9. Kristan says:

There’s a lot of beautiful work here, but I admit, I had to vote for my fellow Carnegie Mellon-ite! I love her clean simple style and hand-crafted touch.

10. Anna Spiro says:

I absolutely love Zena’s work! Very beautiful!
    x
    Anna

11. Seth Champi says:

Thought that Sharon’s work was rather unique and interesting. Great site.

12. jesse madigan says:

Sharon has a really great range of ideas- all so distinct and unique. Her creativity has no limits :)

13. Jenny says:

Sharon’s stuff rocks. I would buy the cabitat in a heartbeat.

14. Hiro says:

I see Reina and Starbucks in partnership. Too few Z’s among high schoolers – raise awareness of this wide-spread, but little publicized problem, and help sell coffee with an eye-catching design at the same time!

15. Jon says:

I know this is over a year late, but Zena should win!

16. Good website! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!