sneak peek: sabrina of hello!lucky

as promised, it’s part two of the Hello!Lucky sneak peek: sabrina. sabrina and her husband julian have been in the glen park [san fran] victorian house (with quirky, open floor plan, thanks to a renovation by previous owners) for a year now, but it only seems fitting as she and sister/co-business owner, eunice, “joke that we get to draw ducks in inner tubes for a living, so i wanted my home to have a playful feel, too.” click here to see additional and full-sized photos from sabrina’s wonderful home. and if this the double dose of sabrina and eunice isn’t enough inspiration for one day, check out their new studio digs here. [thanks again, Moyle sisters! and to anne hurley for the photos]. -anne

[above: Our bathroom is filled with vintage prints, photos, and frames that I’ve collected from flea markets and travels.]

[Our bedroom. By now it’s clear that I’m a Jonathan Adler fan. The headboard is from Williams Sonoma and the throw pillows are from Freddy & Ma.]

[The linen sofas are from Williams Sonoma, the chair is from Arkitektura in Situ and the colorful pillows are a mix of Indian and Korean designs I found on a trip to Rajasthan, India and at Nest on Fillmore Street. The etager and lamp are from Jonathan Adler. ]

[I love the sea foam color of this chair our den/guest room (from Jonathan Adler), which I’ve thrown together with an Indian pillow and a cream shag carpet.]

[Our dining nook. The table is from Room & Board, and the chandelier is from a flea market.]

[Our deck. I love the whimsical curves of this vintage garden set. . . The outside of our house, built in 1906 and our front door, painted lucky red – a nod to my Chinese roots!]

[A detail of the kitchen table. All of my dishes are mix-and-match from the flea. I love stumbling on pretty ornate ones and commemorative plates (for things like the Queen’s Silver Jubilee!). The table and café chairs are flea market finds. ]

1. I love the collection of prints/pictures over the tub…but are they suffering any from vapor/humidity? I cannot imagine anything nicer than soaking in the tub whilst spacing out on a pretty art collection…

2. Michelle says:

I love that breakfast nook, very cool.

3. puglyfeet says:

That’s the best bathroom I’ve seen yet.

4. Jennifer says:

I love the breakfast nook as well. Could you tell me where the brown and white patterned pillows are from? Love them.

5. Kelly says:

Can you tell me what the paint color is in the bathroom? I love the prints!

6. Sabrina says:

The brown and white pillows (they’re actually a light tan) are from West Elm –
    I’m not sure if they carry them any more but they have some great new prints out now!

7. kelly robson says:

love love LOVE that bath! love the banquette… great post!

8. traci says:

so lovely, yes the paint color in the bathroom is gorgeous. what is it?

9. julia says:

what a beautiful home! I especially love the bathroom!

10. donna says:

Love your home. Where’s the bookcase in the livingroom from? Is that Adler too?

11. donna says:

For those of you who love the bathroom colour I’d suggest Farrow & Ball’s Pale Powder. I have it in my bath and it looks like a match.

12. That hot pink kitchen table has my HEART. Is that really hot pink or is just my monitor? I’m obsessed.

13. That house is just too adorable. Lovely!

14. Jen Skelley says:

I love the bathroom wall covered in pictures! Can I ask where you found the black oval frames? They are so unique.

15. Circa1972 says:

Meredith, that was my first thought too. The bathroom is gorgeous, but I couldn’t decorate with matted pictures in my main bathroom – I like hot showers! Good idea for a guest bathroom though. I would love to know a few of the paint colours, the hallway and the bathroom. Just beautiful.

16. Sabrina says:

The bathroom is indeed our guest bathroom, so the tub doesn’t get used very often. Even if it did, however, I just love picking up new prints at the flea market, so would probably just swap them out from time to time! The oval frames in the lower right are vintage flea market finds; the more modern ones are from West Elm.

17. Sabrina says:

Yes, the livingroom bookcase is also from Jonathan Adler…love the greek key pattern, though sadly I think it’s been discontinued (this one was the floor model from SF store!).

18. Cheryl says:

This is too beautiful!!! You’re right, the sea foam color of that Adler chair is gorgeous!!! If you ever need a house sitter… ;)

19. what a gorgeous home! i’m familiar with the neighborhood and can imagine this beautiful gem tucked away….especially love that chandelier and the bathroom prints. wonderful touches….

20. very cute!

Love the bright colours and the prints in the guest bath.

That dining nook is so original looking- great job!

21. Kelli says:

I grew up with the same patio furniture in our backyard. It reminds me of the most lazy summer days, sitting on the edge of the creek. Ahhh…

22. Amanda says:

Beautiful! I love the bedroom so much!

23. SB says:

I love this! Beautiful!

24. inca girl says:

I love every single thing about this house. I wan to leave my life and move in!

25. lilac says:

LOVE the sea foam Adler chair- that fabric is amazing.
    There is a beautiful balance of bold and delicate.
    And, thanks for mixnmatch dishwear. I absolutely love it when someone is able to do that so effortlessly and have it look so chic.

26. c16621 says:

yup – real talent here. I love the fact that your accessories are edited so that they don’t drown the furniture and architectural elements. A lot of the sneek peeks here can do with some accesory editing – especially when so much of it is influenced by modernism.

27. Sarah Keith says:

Love the greenish paint color in the bathroom. Do you mind sharing?

28. I LOVE the William-Sonoma headboard. Not surprising, it is way out of my budget at $1,350.00 + $160.00 S/H = $1,510. However, I found a MUCH less expensive headboard on This headboard is totally comparable to W.S.’ Fairfax Headboard. The Chocolate Microsuede BackDrop Headboard costs only $89.99 + FREE S/H! With a price difference of $1,420 I could by a whole new bed and all the bedding! Very cool, check it out.

29. Annika says:

Oh, I love the colors and the gallery in the bathroom.
    I painted one of my chairs the exact same color as your kitchen table :-)

30. melanie says: