before and after: benita’s wardrobe

unhappy with her traditional wardrobe, benita larsson decided to take matters into her own hands. after deciding that she would paint her wardrobe, she chose a plain orange paint. after she finished painting she decided it was a bit too dark so decided to add the trellis pattern. using painters tape to mark off her pattern she added the bright white pattern on top to add some lightness to the space. i love the results and they remind me of last week’s lattice/trellis diy project that i’ve been dying to try on something in our home. [thanks, benita!]

1. This is so beautiful! I love the pattern.

2. Dianne says:

Beautiful and so NOW but….how long did that take? I cannot imagine doing all that taping. Is their an easier way?

3. ThePeachTree says:

So much life to this!

4. Moira says:

Very inspiring!

5. Benita says:

I was going to wallpaper the sliding doors at first but couldn’t decide on a wallpaper so I went for the paint instead. But there are some really nice trellis/lattice wallpapers around over in the US so that would definitly be a simpler option!

6. Susan says:

Unrelated – love the purse…where did you find the beauty?

Also, I love the basket as your laundry basket in the closet. Fabulous job on the door!

7. vertie says:

I love the lattice work, but I really love is that bag. Is it available online?

8. Benita says:

I found the bag in China… In Canton/Guangzhou. It was about 5 dollars… I’ve got a cream one too. Sorry :)

9. Jennifer says:

Beautiful! I give you a LOT of credit for having the patience to lay this out in tape, and so cleanly too!