new mini-trend: purple

purple-1.jpg
it’s no secret that purple seems to be all the rage in fashion right now, but, much like fashion, design seems to be following the purple trend as well. as i start to receive spring and summer 2008 press releases i’m noticing that all shades of purple are popping up- ranging from soft, powdery lavenders to deep, rich royal purples. so i thought i’d make a roundup of my favorite purple pieces in the market, ranging from affordable to splurge-worthy. you can view the full roundup right here or click “read more” below to see the complete post and all 12 photos. enjoy!

[image above, clockwise from top left: maison charles purple chairs at 1stdibs, kragh rosenberg pillow, capiz lamp at target (in-store only $399), deluxe plastic cutlery $120, optic cube $283, akiko glassware $60 for 2, roots table lamp by agnes and hoss $500, iris daphne pillow by madeline weinrib, teardrop chandelier $268, gayane mug 2 for $85, sarah cihat tape plate, tree mallow tray $92]

purple-2.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: zoe pawlak painting, purple rain boots $20, menta lamp $548, duotone floormat $56, bubbledog tree card $7, amethyst geode soap $10.95, suzi purple rug by madeline weinrib, amoebe chair $1560, panton flower pot lamp, iomoi paperweight $68, judy ross pillow $190]

purple-3.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: mini magnet strip $8, butterfly can opener $18, pisaroi umbrella $40, serena cushion $25, leather pouf $155+, pico owl pillow $28, lucite tray $585, song lilac rug by madeline weinrib, hugo poppy canvas bag $225, angel’s share bowls $198, glass carafe a plus r store, cup couture sleeve $12, hanna chair $2,000+, automoblox car $35]

467.jpg
[image above, left to right: jungle flower fabric by virginia johnson $45, woods wallpaper by cole and son, kabloom wallpaper by flavor paper]

545.jpg
[image above, left to right: peony chair $199, curved leg table $129]

636.jpg
[image above: hyacinth flat notes by sarah parrott $8]

726.jpghttp://www.designsponge.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=8949
[image above: lorena barrezueta lush collection]

823.jpg
[image above: ruffle edge cork board $159]

1019.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: blythe specimens fabric $8.95 per yard, twilight gift wrap $3, lilac damask fireworks fabric $8.95 per yard, avalisa rug $310]

1198.jpg
[image above, left to right: amethyst chair $299, ferm living cherry tree wall stickers $45]

1. Junaid says:

I love purple. It is the lovliest color in the world. Especially dark purple. I am the biggest fan of purple.

2. Purple says:

I love very much. Its so beautiful especially dark purple. It is The lovliest color in the world. I am the biggest fan of purple

3. HaddyJ says:

While I would never decorate an entire room with purple, I do love pops of deep purple (er…all jewel tones) here and there to warm up a space!

4. Julia says:

I adore the plastic purple flatware. Looks like it comes in a beautiful kelly green, clear, and light blue, too. I’ve been searching high and low for something like this for my food blog photos.

5. Julia says:

I ordered the plastic purple flatware to use in the photos for my cooking blog, and it came yesterday. I LOVE it! Thank you so much for featuring it; I’d been looking everywhere for something like that.

6. viola says:

Purple is part of my decorating palette which includes lighter shades of green, aqua, pink, black and white stripes, red and white stripes, dark red velvet. and gold. I love violet in particular. It’s not a big part of my decor, but it adds an extra zing to the other colors like a purple velvet pelmet, purple bag, purple cushion and purple tulips.

7. Julia says:

Update: I ordered the plastic flatware. Thanks for featuring it; they are perfect! I took my first food photos with it yesterday and they came out beautiful!

8. Eloise says:

wow i love purple and this collection is very great =)

9. Diane says:

In June, 2005, I had the urge to have purple in my new home. Purple was never in my personal palette…but I am still loving it and the selection of fabrics available in that color range grows daily.

10. Meghan says:

The link to the Amythst Chair $299 is no longer … where did you find it?

11. grace says:

Meghan

That chair was from Brocade Home last year- they’ve probably sadly moved merchandise out to make room for this year’s pieces.

Grace

12. Orin says:

Great post, just discovered it, great blog! I will come back for sure!

13. Louise says:

Beautiful collage of purple.

14. kaitlyn hayes says:

i love thu color purple!!!!! and your website

15. Susan Young says:

Aw, purple makes my world go turn.

16. Rachel Fairy says:

Win! the best color ever gets its due!

17. We adore purple at Whimsy. And all vibrant colors for that matter. Wonderful tips!

18. These purples are just gorgeous!!! Loving it.

19. mg says:

It Feels Sooo Great for Appreciation of Purple! I decorated a room in purple and just a little tip is not to over do it… As hard as it sounds to a purple lover its true! I love doing black main colors with purple accents!!! it gives me a color calm yet popping feel + very very chic

20. Felicity Art says:

Purple never was my favorite color, but these pieces look lovely!

21. Silvia says:

Gosh! I really love purple! All of them look wonderfully nice!

22. I love purple!! Such a versatile color and very refreshing!

23. Abby says:

I love, love, love purple. I spare my family from using much of it, but my bedroom looks like Barney exploded.

24. Judy Frary says:

I’ve been wearing purple for 3 years now, it’s my signature colour. Love that it’s still in fashion this year, means more purple clothes!

25. The purple looks like nobleness and I like it.

26. kenzie says:

Love these items. I went to go hit on some of them and I can’t get the links. I will try back later. Yet, I am in love with the chairs and cork boards. I think it might be my new purchase. Thank you for sharing!

1. grace says:

kenzie

this post is a few years old, so it’s probably an issue of the items no longer being available. sorry. trends in nature do tend to come and go ;)

grace

27. jessica says:

Oooh, so mysterious. Love purple.

28. susan says:

Purple continues as an ongoing trend especially for kitchens (Vineyard) and baths (Regal). There are so many shades and purple can be mixed with some of the stronger reds happening now. An easy inexpensive way of introducing this hue is by adding cabinet hardware. See some purple cabinet hardware here http://www.niftynob.com/nifty-new.php

29. Carla says:

Viking has a cookstove with a purple door. Thinking of doing that in my new house!

30. Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place.

31. Billie says:

Thanks for your post! I absolutely love purple color. It is very noble and spiritual. Amethystis my birthstone!!!!