before and after: chris’s dresser

talk about a sweet uncle: d*s reader chris created this cheerful spotted dresser for his niece’s third birthday. chris says, “i wanted to give her a gift that stood out from the piles of toys and clothes, so i refinished this worn dresser.” bonus? chris created a video tutorial of the process right here. [thanks, chris!]

1. Mackenzi says:

I totally love this one!!! Is that fabric or paper on the drawer fronts?

2. hsp says:

Brilliant! I have this (horrific) dresser at home too and now I know what to do with it!

3. j. caroline says:

Cute, cute. She lined up her dots too.

4. j. caroline says:

Sorry, HE lined up his dots.

5. Gwen says:

That is adorable! I love this idea.

6. amazing! what a wonderful transformation!!! i wish you were my uncle- your niece is so lucky!

7. Jen Skelley says:

This is inspiring me to refinish a dresser of my own. Maybe a chair too. Your before and afters are great!

8. Good idea with the polka dots. Great color combination as well. Liking this makeover.

9. Lisa says:

This is absolutely charming. What a lucky little girl!

10. Palomita says:

When I first saw the photo I thought how perfect it would be in a little girls room! Good job.

11. Kristan says:

Adorable. I would have loved to receive this as a gift!

These Before/After DIYs are so inspiring. Thank you! Please keep them coming.

12. Sherri SW says:

This is awesome – I have been wanting to decorate my daughter’s dresser since I was 8 mos pregnant with her – LOL I started on it then and painted a butterfly & a ladybug on it but haven’t done anything to it since then and NOW she is 3 years old – LOL it doesn’t even have knobs right now – but now after seeing this dresser and watching the tutorial I feel motivated to finish what I started 3 years ago