sneak peek: papa stour

the lovely rosie brown of scottish design store paper stour sent over these gorgeous shots of her home for today’s second sneak peek. photographed by james merrell, rosie’s home was recently featured in real homes magazine but for those of us stateside i thought it would be fun to show her home here. located in edinburgh, rosie’s flat is bursting with incredible artwork, plenty of pattern and (so jealous), lots of bright light. you can visit rosie’s store online right here or pick up a copy of real homes magazine for larger versions of these photos. thanks to rosie and james for sharing!

1. Abigail says:

Beautiful shoot….lovely to see this :)

2. joy says:

i still can’t get enough of that wallpaper…and rosie’s home is just i imagined it would be from her beautiful shop!

3. maura says:

really nice. all of it! am liking the color of the gray in the bedroom and looking for some suggestions for warm gray to paint my bedroom…thanks.

4. read me... says:

Love this sneak peek… thanks!

5. AphroChic says:

The photo on the bottom left hand side shows a chair with a floral cutout laser design. Where is that from? I must know. The house is absolutely beautiful.

6. Suzanne says:

i’m obsessed with the two woods paper.
    i too have to have it!!!!!!

7. erin says:

oh that is such the pretty home!! i love the clock mounted on the bird wall vinyl. cute idea!

8. I wanted to know the same thing as AsphroChic…where is that beautiful chair from, and why is it hiding!!?

9. Nicole says:

Where is that Wallpaper from again?

10. stacey says:

Am I being redundant when I say, I too love love the woods wallpaper? Some day we hope to grace our wall with it too. I

11. Alexa says:

For the past two months, I’ve been daydreaming about recovering every surface in my home in white. (Meanwhile, the cats and dog snicker at me, almost daring me to do it.) The comfort level AND the sophistication level in Rosie’s home is tremendous. I’m sure the light helps it feel so expansive, but her home achieves depth, real personality with all that great texture and careful, spare color. Love it all.

Thanks to Rosie and Grace for sharing!

12. Lauren says:

So homey elegant :) Any ideas on the rug in the living room?

13. ethanollie says:

maura…i just painted my son’s room a great warm- toned gray. it is ‘gray mist’ by benjamin moore. it’s a barely there color with a hint of brown for warmth and looks great with both white trim and wood tones.

14. Beautiful photography. I love all the white…especially that furry chair :)

15. Jeska says:

This has to be my ultimate sneak peak article! I just love Rosie’s style and all the delicate layers that make up this home.

16. zee says:

To those asking about the laser cut chair, its “Papara” from Habitat. It was part of their outdoor range last year and doesn’t seem to be on their website this year. I seem to recall another store selling it under a different name though and in a range of colours.. can’t remember who though!

17. mcr says:

this shits the bomb!

18. grace says:

we appreciate your enthusiastic comments, but in the future please try to keep it profanity-free ;)

19. DC Sarah says:

I remember seeing a feature on her home in Domino last year….fell in love then and it hasn’t faded. I was particularly enamored with the sculptural, hollow concrete chair (hiding under a sheepskin above). Anyone have a clue as to where this is from? Thanks for sharing your lovely home :)

20. Allison says:

Absolutely stunning. Is Real Homes magazine available in any stores in the US? I’d love to pick up this copy!

21. kristian says:

that concrete beauty is the willie guhl loop chair.

22. mcr says:

this chic bo-ho retro modern folk style is beautiful ;)

23. Avril says:

Nicole – the paper is Cole & Son. Check out the Contemporary Two collection – it’s called “Woods” and comes in a few different colors. I visit it every day and try to dream up new ways to convince my husband why we need it.

24. DC Sarah says:

Kristian, you rock! Thanks for the info! Time to start saving my pennies……

25. the green bird painted on the wall behind the clock is so cleverly executed. what a wonderful idea and a lovely illustration to boot.

26. nadja says:

now this is my favorite so far! i used to have the exact same chinese lamp, i schlepped it half around the globe with me until it fell apart and imediatly makes me feel like home seeing it here! i love the organized mini clutter of beautiful things and the combination of straight line modern and ruff edged old!

27. christina says:

beautiful house, I especially love the detail of the bird stencil with a clock in the middle. What a novel idea!

28. san says:

Love the light and delightful casual elegance style, the sense of relaxing looseness, the well balanced bits of fun and strict ideas. Outstanding chairs. Loved them. Just perfect!

29. anne-claire says:

where is the rocking chair from? NEED!
    Absolutely in love with this space. Bravo!

30. Helen H says:

all the photos have gone :o(