friday morning scandinavian

i had a few scandinavian pieces living on my desktop this week so i thought i’d share them here and let them go from my wish list for this week. clockwise from top left: coffee cup lamp by malin lundmark (via susan), kola dress for kids by marimekko, crushed bowl at the finnish design shop, cup on a hook lamp by malin lundmark, rods chair, rosebud chair.

1. lauren says:

those malin lundmark pieces are absolutely gorgeous, and the cup on a hook would be the PERFECT reading lamp – any ideas for stockists (i didn’t see any on her site)?

2. melissa says:

Ahhh!! I *LOVE* the teacup light. It looks like something a clever person could DIY. Hmm.

3. read me... says:

I love the cup on a hook… such a refreshing ‘green’ design idea!! And Marimekko never fails to please. K

4. Julie says:

Love the cups as lighting!

5. muse says:

Hmm, I bet one could improvise a diy version of the cup lamps using vintage bone-china. Or even some pressed glass. I’d just have to figure out how to drill holes in the bottom of the porcelain without it flying apart. Any ideas?

6. the teacup lamp is so pretty. what a unique idea.

7. Tina Frey says:

Oh my goodness! The teacup lights are adorable! I just had to comment!