before and after: teresa’s chair

have a before and after project you’d like to share on d*s? just shoot me an email right here with your pictures.

1. jane says:

How does everyone get their paint so nice and smooth on all of their “before and afters”? I’m eyeing an old secretary (desk, that is) of mine…

2. jeans says:

i LOOOOVE these chair stories. they make me daydream when i should be working. makes me think of chaircouture, but even better because you don’t need oodles of $ and celestrial professional skills….

3. michelle says:

my grandmother has that dining room set. it was my great grandparents, they got it as a wedding gift in 1914.

4. wow! that looks fantastic! great job. :)

5. I think Theresa must live in Grosse Pointe. Have I seen her around somewhere? We Pointers are famous for embracing the pink and green whilst sipping our cocktails at the club. :)

6. ld says:

I’ve done something similar with old wooden chairs before as well. The problem is, in spite of multiple gluing sessions, they always end up becoming rickety. Any suggestions?

7. Elaine says:

I absolutely loooove your website!! I just discovered it today, I’m so excited :)

8. Sue | Design says:

I am loving this site the more and more I visit. I just love all the new ideas that I have managed to pick up from you. Like this chair for example, not that I would use that vibrant green but it sure does make a statement.