before and after: gabrielle’s table

gabrielle at mintage home sent over this great table makeover project. using a found table, gabrielle created a custom table top using martha stewart wrapping paper and then flowers (cut-out) from amy butler’s scrapbook paper line. finished off with a coat of bright green paint and a brown grosgrain ribbon around the edge it’s a whole new table. makes me want to hit the thrift stores and grab some more gift wrap. thanks to gabrielle for sharing!

1. Kim Wike says:

If you don’t mind sharing…what did you (if anything) on top of the table, over the paper to seal it?

2. Elaine says:

This turned out beautifully. I love the green legs paired with the patterned top. It certainly solves the issue of a tablecloth!

3. Beautiful! I am curious about the sealant too….I want to try this!
    Thanks for sharing!

4. Reina Swan says:

I love the colors and print.

5. Karen says:

yes please, details details about your methods–its gorge!

6. Annabell says:

I did this with some of my stools and used a polyflex sealer but I didnt like how it urned out. What kind of sealer did you use if any?

7. ung says:

wow! that’s an impressive diy.

8. read me... says:

It’s stunnimg! Wow…

9. Uncle Beefy says:

Oh…(pause for dramatic effect)…my god! That is hot, hot, hot! Gabrielle knows how to turn it out!

10. Sharp Lily says:

It’s BEAUTIFUL. Wowzer, I’d buy one of those in a hot second.

11. Blair Helms says:

Oh yeah, PLEASE let us know how this is “sealed” . I would LOVE to do something like this!

12. Anne Bryant says:

Very cute!
    As for protecting it, you could also have a piece of glass cut for the top.

13. Petchy says:

WOW! That is absolutely stunning! I have so many furniture revamp projects in my head at the moment, this totally gives me a kick up the rear to actually start!

14. janine says:

wow! What a remarkable transformation! Really lovely!

15. gabrielle says:

thanks for all the positive feedback. visit my blog on the details of the table, i wrote posts along the jouney…the top coat is Mod podge Hard Coat.

16. michele says:

Ya know, I’ve been doing a bit of sprucing up lately too. You can truly change your world with paint. I love the wrapping paper idea. I have some very cool wallpaper that I will use on a table I just started in the garage. Thanks for the hot tip. Not a day goes by that I don’t learn something new.
    I had some generic wall shelved that hold pictures or trinkets and I painted them a turquoise. They look great now. A good way to add colors to the walls if you don’t have the nerve to paint strong color. Put into accents!

17. Lyz says: