i’m thrilled to announce the start of the 2008 D*S DIY contest, sponsored by 2Modern.com. it’s been a while since the last contest so i thought it would about time to get things going again. this year, thanks to 2modern and our friends at sparkability and growmodern, we’ll be giving away $1500 in prizes- that’s a lot of diy supply money!
because DIY projects generally take a while to do, we wanted to give everyone time to work on their projects, so we won’t be closing the submission gates until sunday, march 2nd. that gives everyone three full weeks to put on their diy hats and start opening up their tool boxes and craft kits. your project can be anything (furniture, decoration, etc.) that you’ve created by yourself for the home (sorry, no jewelry or fashion-based projects this year).
this year we’ll be awarding four prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and an honorable mention.
- 1st place will receive a $500 gift certificate to 2Modern and a check for $150
- 2nd place will receive a check for $450
- 3rd place will receive a check for $300
- and our honorable mention will receive a check for $100 toward future diy projects (or something else fun)
we’ll open up the polls to voting on wednesday, march 5th and will accept votes through that sunday, march 9th- with winners announced on monday, march 10th. and of course- we’ll give you a preview of the submissions as we go along.
here are the guidelines:
- all entries should be emailed to designsponge [at] gmail [dot] com no later than 7pm EST on sunday, march 2nd. all entries received after the deadline will gladly be considered for our regular diy wednesday posts.
- all entries should have the words “diy contest entry” in the subject line and include well-styled photos of the final diy project. if past contests are any indication you guys like to vote for photos that look as pretty as the project so please keep that in mind when taking pictures.
- please note: we whole-heartedly welcome multiple submissions. if your project has appeared on another website or publication please note that in your entry. please do not send photos you do not want to run on design*sponge.