new things…

i’m not the type of person who does well with money burning a hole in my pocket. not that i should really be spending that money but i had a few small checks from family christmas presents sitting on my dresser so i decided to do some home shopping, my favorite thing. what did i pick up? a bright new shower curtain by vera bradley for peacock alley, those gorgeous wooden hooks by live wire farm, lovely vintage teaspoons and tea soap at saipua in brooklyn and new ikea frames for my collection of etsy prints (most of which are from ashley g, office sf, matte stephens, kate and sugarloop. now, where to hang all those prints…

1. Well that’s a nice way to treat yourself, good job!

2. Kaili says:

Good for you for treating youself! I LOVE those coral door pulls- where on earth did you find those?

3. grace says:

i got them from anthropologie:

but i don’t think they come in white anymore. :(

4. Carolyn says:

You are so together, having everything framed already! All my purchased prints are still sitting in a drawer…where did you get such great frames?

5. grace says:

they’re all from ikea, around $4-$10 each depending on the style and size.

6. Kristi says:

That shower curtain is fantastic!

7. Kate says:

Wow, the white frames look fantastic.

8. Michelle says:

Oh how fun! I love seeing all your little purchases, seems I am not alone in the Christmas money=hole in pocket conundrum. Are you going to hang your new prints along the hallway?

9. grace says:

thanks! i haven’t decided yet. i’ll share photos whenever i decide. i really want to set up a proper desk area for myself (in addition to the area i use now) and maybe put these above it. i just want a wall full of these little bearded men ;)

10. Jenn says:

Do you have the link directly to the shower curtain, I love it but can’t find it on the peacock alley site…

11. Kate says:

Ooh I spot my little flower! It looks lovely framed, thank you for buying it :)

12. Lissette says:

I am the same way, when there is money to spend, I can’t find a single thing! When I’m tight, I want to remodel my entire house and buy a brand-new wardrobe.

Those are some spiffy buys though so they were well worth it!

13. Chas says:

I LOVE the little owl piece! Where did you find that?

14. Jon says:

You, too? My wife bought me a couple of large Matte Stephens pieces and the Christmas cash on my dresser went for framing.

15. Raven says:

Oh my goodness. I was doing bad enough having never ventured out of anthropologie’s clothing section. I am DOOMED!

16. AshleyL. says:

oooohhh that shower curtain is a beauty! i hope to have one someday soon! thank you for sharing! :)

17. Tammy says:

I’m pretty sure you’ve blogged these before, but can you remind me which artist did the beard series of prints? My recently embearded husband may need these…

18. Helen says:

Oh! Those bearded men are amazing. Looks like I’m too late to buy any of my own on etsy. I am jealous. How long ago did you buy them, Grace?

Those ikea frames are excellent. I too have finally framed a bunch of prints I’ve had sitting in a box. They look fantastic.

19. Lisa says:

I love the pink flower print that I think is Kate’s (?), but the hyperlink from her name in the post doesn’t work. Can you repost the link to the print? THANKS!

20. cecima says:

hye grace. My question is a bit odd, but i really wana know if we can make the frame by there any tutorial out there? i’ve searched for it but don’t find any.

21. Benita says:

I need to really start shopping and get me some nice prints too and then off to IKEA for some frames… So inspiring!

22. Beth says:

Hang a line of the bearded guys behind the couch under the bookshelf. I don’t know about the rest – you have so much cool artwork! I love the wallpaper pieces from Nama Roccoco. I have two here in my studio -the French Dot. I live in Cincinnati, so I am lucky to get them at sample sales!

23. jan says:

loving those ashleyg prints – i’m going to have to get some i think!