chelsea james

i wanted to kick things off today with these lovely paintings by artist chelsea james. based in houston, texas, chelsea creates beautiful figural, still life and landscape paintings which are sold through galleries in california and utah. you can browse several galleries of her work right here; i’ve chosen my favorites above and below.

1. You should include the titles. I love the last one, “Going out for dessert.” Delicious. A great post.

2. mansuetude says:

were you making a pun with “kick things off” in your post beside the pile of kicked off shoes? I like these, and that donut… what a place to find one!

3. chair_a_day says:

i absolutely love these paintings. nothing like an artist that appreciates shoes!

4. ammadesigns says:

I would love to have one of these paintings in my home. What an amazing artist!

5. tweeling says:

Thanks for the art update today! I’ve been searching for a new artist to fall in love with and now I’ve found her.

6. lookingout4 says:

shoes and dessert. My 2 favorite things. love this artist.

7. beautyisin says:

When I saw this artist I was obsessed. I found out she has a website – for all those interested

8. liza cowan says:

These paintings are sublime. Thanks so much for introducing her to us. I linked over to her website, which is also wonderful. What a nice boost on a rainy day!

9. Lauren says:

Absolutely love her work! I’m inspired now to get the easel out again. Great palette and compositions – thanks for the post.

10. Kate says:

these are beautiful. they remind me of tobin sprout’s work

11. Cherie says:

So fun to see these here! I have 4 of her paintings hanging in my home. I can’t get enough of her. Found her in a gallery in Salt Lake City. Actually tried to buy the pile of shoes painting but was beat out by a Salt Lake City collector. She is fresh and fun.

12. Yvette says:

I love the simplicity and composition of her work. My sister has a couple of her pieces and they are so inviting and comfortable.

13. Jessica says:

How beautiful. Looks like a fresh talent that will be worth keeping up with.

14. Marilyn says:

B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. marilisa says:

Oh! i love shoes.
    i linked in my put on my desktop.
    love mary

16. Andrew says:

My friends and I are always looking for new and upcoming artists and Chelsea has definitely made our list.

17. Teeny says:

I have seen her art in Palm Desert, CA, in Coda Gallery and she just keeps getting better! Keep painting.

18. Monica says:

Hey chels, I just happened to come upon designsponge and found your stuff here!!! crazy! i am so excited. i love, love , love your paintings!! you are definately one of my favorite artists.. love your work chels. so cool. i will buy all of your paintings some day. every one of them!!!