before and after: henry road chairs

we really lucked out week with fantastic before/after submissions. in addition to the post coming up at 1 and the lovely bench at 11, paula at henry road sent in these incredible chairs she recovered in her own beautiful textile designs. the results are fantastic and make me want to reupholstery half the chairs i have in my own home. click here for more information on paula’s designs and to shop online. [thanks, paula!]

[click here for larger versions of the “after” chairs]

1. Khris says:

I am stricken with raging chair lust. How awesome are these makeovers?!

2. toniw says:

wow, these are wonderful

3. karen says:

I am loving these before and afters, but would so love a “how to” or a link that might help some of us neophytes get started!

4. AbbeyH says:

These are gorgeous. I especially love the bottom chair!

5. meredith says:

i agree w/ karen about the “how to” info.

i did a google search for “reupholstery” the other day and was overwhelmed with the results… but at least it’s a start.

6. Jenna says:

Beautiful! Wish I could afford it. BTW it’s reupholster – no y. Just a pet-peeve… sorry.

7. jennifer in sf says:

Wow. That first chair is bringing on serious chair envy. Between this and the Marimekko fabric post I’m itching to reupholster something!

8. Lola says:

everyone did such a great job on their reupholsters.
    which reminds me, we’ve got 2 chairs i’ve been meaning to get to!

9. Lindsey says:

I would love a ‘how-to’ – I’ve never attempted anything like this and pictures like this always make me itch to try!

10. Wonderful post and wonderful blog! So glad I came by and have linked to you from my own blog. I’ll definitely be back!

11. Miki says:

Wow, wow, wow!

12. michele says:

The black and white chair is vivid and smart. The thing I love about bold is the boldness of it all if that makes any sense. In design I truly feel there must always be a surprise element and this would definately do it for me. I’m writing about bachelors this week but possibly I ought to consider this chair for bachelorettes!

13. Teresa says: