tray roundup

my good friend mindy (hi min!) asked if i’d put together a tray guide so i figured i would spend the snow-day inside making some more guides. i’ll be launching new guides next week as well (floor lamps and a few more) but for today it’s all about trays. in a season full of holiday parties, new year parties and other festive get-togethers it never hurts to have something pretty on which to bring snacks and goodies. i have a fondness for colorful melamine trays but i’ve tried to include a wide selection of materials and price ranges. click here for the full guide (there are 7 more slides after the jump), enjoy!

[image above, clockwise from top left: doe tray by ibride $60, teema tray $48, marimekko kivet tray $63, dandelion tray $29.95, kioto tray $21, monogrammable iomoi lucite tray $100, deadly squire cameo tray $99, majamoo wooden serving trays $99]

[image above, clockwise from top left: kivet tray $63, barbar tray $5.99, käspaikka tray $35, vivre trays $445 for 3, iomoi lucite tray $100, pirput parput tray $20]

[image above, clockwise from top left: white coral reef tray $150, bamboo trays $23, skylark tray $59, groovy mums tray $12.99, balance serving tray $75, aarre tray $20, tonfisk tray $70-$112, small agate tray by ita $55, aalto tray $63]

[image above: trays by angela adams $10-$65]

[image above, clockwise from top left: gold beaded serving tray $12.99, serpent tray $106.25, kim seybert tray $72.25, vertigo tray $120, aluminum tray $34.99, gold lacquered tray $14.99, jeweled skull tray $12.95, lucite trays with rocks $497.25]

[image above, clockwise from top left: bottna tray $35.50, stilla trays (center) $35, multi-dot tray $22, kaiku tray $35, multi-stripe tray $22, appelsiini tray $35, class photo tray $29.95]

[image above, clockwise from top left: tortoise tray $20, marimekko la boca tray $49, floral silhouette tray $38, cork tray $150, working class studio platter $12, notneutral triton lacquer trays $130-$220]

[image above: 4-piece winter trays set by heath ceramics $125]

[image above: small bird tray $32]

[image above, left to right: green apple tray by isak, louise tray $84]

[image above, left to right: porcelain clover tray $65, hapao scalloped trays $48-$58, mirrored laquer trays $89.99-$109.99]

1. Design Milk says:

That first tray – the doe one – would look so beautiful hanging on the wall.

2. jane says:

oh yay, trays! just what I’ve been thinking about…now I have to go back and read the list. Thanks, also, for AC’s gift list—it was really helpful & hilarious. :)

3. sosser says:

a great guide to trays!

i got hooked on trays while working for a scandinavian home store and now i can’t live without them. several of the marimekko trays you featured now live at my place and i can vouch for their addictive usefulness and beauty.

4. maeve says:

Fun stuff! I would love to see a coaster roundup in the future.

5. I love the trays by IBride. I have no idea how they do that.
    I also especially love the birch tree one by Merimekko. I had seen this an fabric and wanted to do curtains out it. But it seemed like too much. The tray may be a better alternative. Thanks!

6. Oh, these guys are terrific too:
    I’ve always thought that the Albicantes snail tray would complement an Eames lounge chair beautifully :)

7. Here’s that link again, seems to be broken in the previous message, maybe because I put a period at the end:

8. Mindy Markowitz says:

Oh WOW!!!! Thanks Grace! I love so, so many of the trays. It is hard to decide. I am leaning towards the mirrored laquer trays. They are fabulous. Of course, I also adore anything by Heath Ceramics. Of course, both of these are sort of breakable with little hands around. Hmmm…maybe the kim seybert tray? I’ll let you know what I decide on and send in a pic! – Mindy

9. Jessica says:

I’m in heaven…great guide…I LOVE trays…

10. The tray info is extremely helpful and I’m specifying 2 of them for my hotel client. Thanks Grace!