sneak peek: tricia royal

d*s reader jill danyelle wrote in a while back to suggest a sneak peek into the home of artist tricia royal. tricia recently moved to san francisco and was kind enough to share a peek into her lovely, color filled home. tricia founded wardrobe remix on flickr but you can find more information on her work right here at bits and bobbins. and as always, you can click here for larger versions of these photos. enjoy!

[just a teaser for monday: next week d*s is going to be ALL about sneak peeks. so tune in because you won’t want to miss the interiors we’ll be sharing all week]

1. Davina says:

I’m looking for a fireplace insert. Do you know where this one came from?

2. Uncle Beefy says:

Mmmm…I love the great balance that Tricia has achieved between kitschy and colorful with personal and polished. Nice job, Tricia!

3. nic says:

love all the color!
    i actually just bought the ‘for like ever’ poster for my finace– we’ve been together since high school (9 years!) and people are always saying “you two have been together for like ever!”
    and the font is so lovely, on top of the sentiment.

4. nic says:

er, my fiance that is. not my finace. or finance.

5. katie lee says:

I am SO smitten with the colors and patterns here.

6. rantingpixie says:

its such a cheerful place to live! i love that lamp, where is that from?

7. Hannah says:

I’d love to know where she got that round wooden end table. Do you have any information on where her furniture is from?

8. the fireplace/grill is gas powered and came with the apartment; as such, i don’t know where it’s from.

thanks for the kind words. :)

9. casapinka says:

I could move in in a (colorful) heartbeat. Completely cheerful and fun.

10. Anna Human says:

I just love the pretty colors. Did she crochet or knit the blankets herself?

11. Christina says:

Simply incredible photos and interiors! Love it all… :)

12. the yellow hanging lamp is vintage and from a SF vintage furniture store called “the touch”.

yes, i crocheted the blanket on our bed myself.

13. emily says:

ditto love both the round table and the dining table & chairs!

14. liz hammel says:

The table looks like the ‘Rolly’ from DWR — I have a crave-on for it, too.

15. neressa says:

I love that bookshelf! Where, oh, where can I get one?

16. the small round table is the rolly table from DWR. the shelves are IKEA.

17. Matt Carr says:

The Rolly table is part of Umbra’s U+ studio collection. It can also be found at

18. lady coveted says:

tricia is so brilliant with color… amazing!

19. laura says:

tricia is a genius.

20. lisa says:

tricia is not only a design and fashion genius, she’s also a sweetheart.

21. CHERRYpie says:

omg. Feel dizzy from hyperventilation in excitement of gorge colours and nik nak colour bursts. loving your style!

22. mimi says:

hold on! I’m missing out… where’s the for like ver poster from… it’s great!

23. Cyndi says:

I adore the curtains by the bookcases. What a cheerful place to live! My oranges will now forever have a cute saucer/cup!
    Adorable! Love the table and crochet, colorful flowers!
    Smiles, cyndi/frstyfrolk

24. Marilyn S. Wisniewski says:

I am 68 years old and you are a blast of sunshine to this ” ol bag in Michigan. Love your decor!!!!!

25. Taylor says:

Hello your house is very cute and colorful. As a California native I feel it is my duty to tell you that the shelf above your bed is a hazard in the case of an earthquake! Secure your items! Especially in San Francisco!