sneak peek: nadja müller

today i am overjoyed to share this beautiful sneak peek into the home of artist nadja müller. nadja’s beautiful lighting and furniture were on d*s in april so it’s wonderful to see the space where all of the magic happens. nadja’s berlin apartment is an absolute dream so i hope you enjoy the sneak peek and nadja’s descriptions below. there are many, many more photos after the jump so click here for the full post (or click “read more” below) and, as always, you can click here for full sized versions of nadja’s photos. enjoy!

“In the first image above the intro, the big vase is by Hella Jongerius for Ikea. Cable covered in woodpearls by Bless Berlin. In the image directly above, this chest of drawers is from drawer is from Ikea! I just painted it grey. The hooks on the wall are from manufaktum, a store specialized in “the good stuff”, the stool is a fleamarket find (painted and reupolstered) and the pillows are nadjamueller.”

“Carpet from marakesch, sold at Anberg in hamburg.”

“The small lamp above is by Flos (a very cheap one, it comes in purple, black and orange), the bedding and lamp are nadjamueller and little stools are fleamarket finds I painted gray.”

“Jonathan adler meets fleamarket and some art books”

“Porcelain plate from stue, candleholder from the frozen fountain, amsterdam. Pillows, blankets and sofa nadjamueller.”

“The rocking chair on the right is from Ikea! it also comes in white, I love it. The other black chair is by Constantin Grcic.”

“Embroidered sofa by me [Ed. Note: WOW]. The lamp is from my favorite shop in berlin stue.”

“The big lamp in the backrground is by nadajmueller. Lamp, pillows and sofa by nadjamueller, small porcelain from hella
, the frozen fountain amsterdam, cable bless, berlin.”

“Ikea chair, artwork by me and (Botanical Garden Berlin).”

1. Anna @ D16 says:

Painfully gorgeous, Nadja! My favorite color pallet.

2. Anna @ D16 says:

(BTW, Grace — the Flickr set of photos is set to “private”.)

3. Jen says:

So amazing and inspiring, especial Nadja’s own designs-I love them all!!

4. k. says:

oh, this is so nice!

5. Anna @ D16 says:

Okay, I can’t stop looking at these photos.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find a rug similar to the pink/white/black one in Nadja’s house.

6. OOOhhh! I like. The colors and textures are wonderful.

7. lene says:

I love those corners.

8. Emmaboshi says:

Sweet place, sweet photos, sweet article.
    Well done!
    Thanks for the look.

9. AfricaLiving says:

Really love the botanical garden photos. What a great idea and such lovely grays, pastels, creams overall!

10. Laura says:

RE: Ed. note — you can say that again!! I love the embroidered sofa!

11. Anne says:

How big is your apartment? It looks positively cavernous! That’s it, I’m moving to Berlin.

12. Claudia says:

The woman embroidered her sofa! Just how fabulous can you get?!

13. vici says:

sooooo beautiful!!!!!!

14. Cakespy says:

Wow, how clean and inspiring. Everything I hear about Berlin lately is so cool–the music, the design…and the interiors, as is clear from this post!

15. mollie says:

this sneak peek might be my favorite so far. nadja seems to be kind of wizard with ikea.

16. melissa says:

This is the first time an interior as nearly brought tears to my eyes! What an INCREDIBLE peaceful, beautiful place! I LOVE it. Thank you. I’m so inspired.

17. nadja says:

dear anna@d16
    there is acctualy a version ikea, – yet again, makes that is black and white striped. it is called “sveje” and is around 19€. i suppose for that price you could risk getting to work on it with some pink fabrik paint and a paintbrush, voilá. otherwise i would recomend checking out some maroco shops, they call this a kelim.

18. the 2 is soo cool and my favorite number, love it.

19. Nina says:

oh wow, such an amazing apartment! Like it a lot!

20. heidi says:

Wow! I wonder if I could book Nadja to redo my home? Or get some of those gorgeous lamps? Do you ever come to the states?

21. nancy says:

love the place!! im an architect in new york. whats the best way to paint ikea untreated pine furniture?
    many thanks! love this site and sneak peek!!

22. grace says:

thanks nancy

i’ve painted ikea furniture a handful of times and i find the best way to handle it is to sand it down really well, apply two coats of primer and then paint with a furniture paint, not a regular wall paint. if you can only find wall paint i’d just use an extra coat of primer.

i apply paint to their furniture using a thin roller because i find it gives the smoothest finish.

after two-three coats of paint (depending on the color) i apply a clear poly finish to seal the furniture and give it a nice glossy look.

23. nadja says:

dear heidi,
    yes sure! all is possible! please take a look at my website and contact me through that. – i am in boston/ma currently.

24. Samantha says:

I’m in love with your sofa :)

25. alyson says:

I”m ready to move in!

26. nancy says:

thank you – your genuine love for design related things come thro so much on your site.

27. Stephanie says:

Comfortable and simple. It’s gorgeous.

28. Bebe says:

Very individual, genuine taste. Absolutely love the place! Nadja, do you (also) do customized work?

29. nadja says:

dear bebe,
    yes i do. all curtains are customized anyways. and anything else is open for discusion. please look at my website and contact me through that.

30. Valentina says:

wow, i love the embroidered sofa!! very interesting sofa!

31. eli says:

it’s beautiful! what paint color did you use in the living room and in the bedroom?

32. matilou says:

I really like her style !
    I can never achieve such order though …

33. mish says:

In the 5th photo down there is a ceramic bowl w wooden lid/tray. Does anyone know who makes these? I have forgotten and it’s driving me MAD! Thanks.