ork posters

sanfran_green.jpg
i think i waited all of 5 minutes to order ork design‘s brooklyn poster after reading lisa congdon‘s post about them on the d*s guest blog. and now jenny at ork has released her san francisco and manhattan posters. they’re only $22 each and nearly impossible to resist. click here to check them out and shop online.

[stay tuned for a fantastic sneak peek at 12:30!]

1. Cool typography + maps = fabulous!

2. jamie says:

website is sort of tough to navigate…

3. Katya says:

I got my Brooklyn poster pretty much immediately as well, I love this idea! Not only is the typography great but it’s a really useful piece. For me Form + Function are the basics of any good design concept.

4. Steven says:

Obviously a fan of the work of Paula Scher including not only the typography but also the maps.

5. Jody says:

My first thought too was of Paula Scher. We have one of her screen prints, which is beyond stunning.

6. poms says:

Boston ones are in, too. I was one person who wrote requesting one. And I will get one. But the colors just don’t say Boston to me. If the red and white one were reversed…if there were a green and white one…

7. Dana says:

Yeah, it took me about 2 seconds to purchase the San Francisco one. Although she left out some of the smaller neighborhoods!

8. Alison says:

I just purchased the Chicago one, but was hoping for some suggestions from you as to go about mounting it/hanging it…?

9. Kelly Robson says:

I love the look of these! So graphic, and unique. They are great. But… where is the LA map??!!! I would have purchased one for everyone in the office… i think i will email her requesting a Los Angeles version… :)

10. sue says:

Thanks Jody for link to paula scher website. Ive not heard of her before (I am not American if that explains that!) Just gorgeous work and I also love these ork design posters. Mapping is an artform in itself – add typography and you get WOW factor!

11. susan says:

man i love these.

12. Meredith says:

I am in LOVE with ORK – thank you so much for turning me on to this fantastic series! I don’t know if I have the resolve to wait for the reprint of the Boston “red” – I may just have to order the blue and brown right away (to match my much beloved and missed JP Pond and sky…)

13. ryko says:

sold out? sold out?

14. sp says:

boo they’re already out of the SF ones

15. m. heart says:

oh my, i just ordered the manhattan poster and CAN’T WAIT to see it! a little christmas present to myself! thanks for the tip.
    ps: i agree with jamie – their website is a little confusing.

16. Emily says:

Was about to place my order and then . . . I want it NOW. I will stop at Frameworks on 5th ave on the way home. And no shipping fee!

17. xkonstantine says:

Does anyone know if this version is by Ork? I love it, think I might need it, but I see no multicoloured map on the website =(