chandelier guide

the gift guide extravaganza starts tomorrow with roundups of my favorite gifts including handmade gifts, gifts under $50, under $100, eco-friendly gifts and a special gift guide involving my favorite design bloggers. so stay tuned for the gift guide madness tomorrow (or check out 2006’s selections right here)! in the meantime, at the request of d*s readers emily, shannon, suzie, trish and janet i’ve created a chandelier guide to add to the d*s product guide section. the guide includes over 75 styles to choose from, ranging from simple to glamorous and budget-friendly to splurge-worthy. (i’m on a budget so i like buy the $60 chandeliers at ikea and dress them up with a coat of bright paint, or just check out the options at this site). i hope you’ll enjoy the selection, click here to read the full post or just click “read more” below.

[image above, clockwise from top right: orbit chandelier $650, incidence chandelier $170, agnes and hoss roots chandelier $865, celestial chandelier $298, superordinate chandelier $2,300, gracie chandelier $199, taraxacam chandelier $5,488]

[image above, clockwise from top left: allegro ritmico chandelier $3,297, cherry chandelier $8,000, sirlig candle chandelier $29.99, suspension chandelier $5,980, neo baroque chandelier]

[image above, clockwise from top left: blossom chandelier $22,500 (yowza!), gigi chandelier $298, bubble chandelier $9k, eliza chandelier $1050, sputnik chandelier $799]

[image above, clockwise from top left: orben chandelier $400, prismatic chandelier $3,498, come rain come shine chandelier, octopus chandelier $1750, dearingo chandelier]

[image above, clockwise from top left: 9 light chandelier $279.99, isig candle chandelier $20, country tavern $129.99, royce chandelier $139.99, gospel chandelier $60]

[image above, left to right: kristaller $40, elegante chandelier $450, flora chandelier $299.99]

[image above, clockwise from top left: glansa lysa $40, hemlock chandelier $900, isa chandelier $25,500, gabriel chandelier $899, zeppelin s1 chandelier $3196]

[image above: giogali chandelier $1798]

[image above, left to right: 6-light chandelier $65, mod chandelier $298, coco chandelier $299]

[image above: chandelier by refer + staer]

[image above, clockwise from top left: venetian mirror chandelier $2999, 85 lamp chandelier $3250, spiral chandelier $1898, lillibet chandelier $699, jenny chandelier $2295, astoria chandelier]

[image above, left to right: meurice chandelier $625, 3-d chandelier $36]

[image above, clockwise from top left: chappelle chandelier $299, vintage french cone chandelier $4200, tobias wong rubber chandelier $4900, caboche chandelier $1713, glass cluster chandelier $380, glo chandelier $499]

[image above, left to right: berkshire chandelier $575, lite brite neon $2400]

[image above, left to right: antique mirror chandelier $1519, mod chandelier $2156, carnivale chandelier $150]

[image above: mansion chandelier by erich ginder $3700]

[image above, clockwise from top left: bamboo chandelier $495, deluxe chandelier $140, exofly chandelier by laurent massaloux]

[image above: agena chandelier $486]

[image above, clockwise from top left: ether 90 s chandelier $9,900 (ouch), coral chandelier by moth design, flora chandelier $150, bijoux chandelier $99]

[image above: kaboom light $125]

[image above: fiorella chandelier $748]

[image above: blown glass chandelier $1600 and up]

[image above, clockwise from top left: niagara chandelier $45k (just for eye candy), pierced metal chandelier $1349, therese chandelier $2199, floral chandelier at shades of light]

[image above: collage chandelier by david wiseman]

1. mav says:

oh my! these are all quite pretty. looking forward to your gift guides.

2. punky says:

I have been wanting a black chandelier for months.
    thank you for posting these.

3. Leah says:

Great selection, Grace!

I *LOVE* the branch light shown as part of the collage chandelier at the very end. Do you know where one might buy it (and for how much) or is it just an art piece?

All the best,

4. grace says:

thanks! david’s work is custom so you’ll need to drop him a line to get an estimate. everything will be installed in your home by david himself i think. his email is:

but the short answer to your question would be: yes, it’s more of an art piece and less of a retail piece. but if you have the funds i can’t suggest investing in david’s work more highly- he’s really a star on the rise.

5. traci says:

seriously… have you been reading my mind? i’ve been on the lookout for a little chandelier for our bathroom. thanks grace!

6. Leah says:

Thanks so much for the info, Grace.

I suspect David’s pieces will be *way* out of our budget, but they are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing!

7. Karen says:

Do you know of an actual place to procure the Exofly chanderlier? I covet it, but can’t seem to find a website that lets me do more than look. Or do I have to fly to France and pay car-sized sums of money? Thanks!

8. grace says:

i’m afraid it’s a piece you’ll need to contact the designer for. as far as i could find there are no stores stocking it at the moment. sorry :(

9. amber says:

i need a chandelier yesterday, and i’m bored to tears with everything in the stores! thank you!!!

10. odessa says:

Wow, thank you. I’ve been looking at lighting for months now and I haven’t seen many of these. This is a consistently beautiful selection….it can be hard to find good lighting! thanks

11. Karen says:

This is a fantastic guide! Lighting and chandeliers are so much fun. Thank you for sharing, this gives so much inspiration after being tired of seeing the same old thing all the time.

12. Katie says:

One that you missed is Tord Boontje’s Midsummer Light and the Garland Light.

13. grace says:

those are definitely cute lights, though i think of them as pendant lamps rather than chandeliers. a pendant guide is coming soon… ;)

14. Colleen says:

So, so wonderful.

I’m such a fan of all chandeliers and particularily this one by david wiseman. And 85 lamps is a dream (I can still remember seeing it in a shop 8/9 years ago).

I’m sure you’ve seen it, but may I also suggest Birds Birds Birds by Ingo Maurer?

15. Greer says:

It seems that every chandelier I fall for is out of my price range. Oh well, I still have hopes for the pendant guide! Beautiful collection, Grace.

16. Jennifer Gandin says:

I love this chandelier from the Ochre showroom in Soho (NYC). It looks like dripping icicles!!

17. Amazing amount of eye candy! Thanks so much for these photos- It is really amazing how much beauty exists in this chandelier category. Also, including the prices of the fixtures really demonstrates how you can spend a lot or a little and achieve a fabulous look.

18. Molly says:

Oooo – I’m looking at this a year later and so many are unavailable now! Do it again! Do it again!

19. Henry says:

Anyone looking for a chandelier they can’t find, try Prestige Chandelier
    They make custom chandeliers at store pricings.
    check them out! pretty cool.

You can like send your own idea or picture and they give you an estimate on cost and delivery.

20. Jessica says:

Any idea how much the Moth chandelier is? I love it!

21. Crystal says:

The cherry chandelier is absolutely divine! It just amazes me how wide a variety of chandeliers there are out there. The possibilities are endless

22. One of the more popular styles of chandeliers is the crystal chandelier. I love it!

23. What a fun group of chandeliers hanging out together! The Elegante chandelier in the Crystals grouping hangs over my bed and I see it upon waking each morning! ;)

24. I absolutely love your chandelier, You have a beautiful blog.

25. This is by far one of the most complete and beautiful list of chandeliers I have seen, I love the Kaboom light

26. Oh I’m SO happy I just came across your site. I am currently having a chandelier-picking crisis!! I thought I narrowed my choices down to 3 (you can see them here, but after seeing some of yours I feel like I’m back at square 1!! Back to the drawing board! :)

27. Chandeliers says:

Wonderful photos, I love the variety of chandeliers that you have in these photos.

28. WOW!! Such a wonderful collections of chandeliers. All are pretty and the crystal chandelier is really beautiful. Looking so unique and stunning.

29. Ingo Schaer says:

Thank you for this very inspiring chandelier guide . I think that one of the most interesting chandeliers on the market was not covered – It is the Zettelz chandelier by German lighting designer Ingo Maurer – Its basically a chandelier consisting of written notes with proverbs and poems in different languages – A true fun piece

30. kitty says:

I think there might be some new popup ads that are kind of obnoxious – (no way to close them). Is this a new thing?).

1. Grace Bonney says:

Every now and then there are ads that pop-ups, but ONLY if you click or roll over them. If you stay in the main section of the site they’ll never bother you or do anything, I promise. They’re pretty rare, so you shouldn’t see them too often.