blanket & throw guide

157.jpg
d*s reader stacy asked if i would put together a roundup of throws and blankets for the and i thought it was a fantastic idea. what better way to welcome the winter weather than a huge selection of soft, cozy blankets? i’ve been on my own personal hunt for a nice chunky throw and i think i’ve finally found one (it’s in slide #3). just click here (or click “read more” below) to view the full selection of 54 blankets. i hope you’ll enjoy the roundup and find the perfect throw to keep you warm this winter.

[image above, clockwise from top left: utility canvas throws $125 each, jonathan adler nixon throw $295, stitchwork throw $198, tessuto throw $39.95, tracks plaid blanket $428]

243.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: pom pom throw $50, ibiza throw $350, twinkle living throws $392, mohair throws $250, genevieve throw $248, child’s plaid blanket $248]

330.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: honeycomb throw $500, trellis vine throw $248, swan’s island throw $475, soof rilli quilt $750+, two-way throw $250]

410.JPG

[image above, clockwise from top left: handknit chunky throw $268, pom pom throw $50, chevron throw $19.99, silk throw $180]

58.JPG
[image above, clockwise from top left: handknit popcorn throw $288, lucky jade cashmere baby blankets $120 each, popcorn throw $264, cableknit throw $98, coptic knitted throw $75]

6_12.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: double sided silk blanket $390, throw with macrame $350, wool throw with sequins $125, pleece throw $98]

75.jpg
[image above, clockwise from top left: super-natural baby blanket $56, hiroko kurihara blanket $360, adler open weave throw $151, jake throw $200 each, fold ray throw blanket $250]

8_12.jpg
[image above: twill organic blanket, $72-$85]

94.jpg
[image above, clockwise from left: nina campbell lilac throw $350, swans island throw $1025, garnet hill wool blanket]

103.jpg
[image above: linea throw]

1110.JPG
[image above, left to right: martha stewart bamboo cotton blanket $75+, organic knit throw $49]

1311.jpg
[image above: matteo rope blanket $510]

1410.jpg
[image above: zara blanket $41.50]

158.jpg
[image above: unison reed organic blanket, $72+]

163.JPG
[image above, clockwise from top left: alpaca throw $128, cotton voile quilt $275+ (they make great blankets for couches or daybeds), fisherman cable throw $148, bamboo/cotton throw $59]

171.jpg
[image above, left to right: alma baby blanket $55 (available in adult sizes on the area website), wool throw with teal trim and sequins $125]

182.jpg
[image above, left to right: chunky knit throw $79.99, cotton cashmere baby blanket $69, area quarter throw $130]

1. Hi Grace,
    Great showcase! It’s that time of year when you need some extra throws and blankets around. This super inexpensive one from IKEA does the trick in our den.

2. maren says:

This is great! I want them all. Any luck finding a black blanket (twin size if possible, or full/queen if I must)? I have had no luck…

3. Brandi M says:

I was just thinking how it would be nice to see all the different blankets that are out there and I come to the site and there it is! Good idea stacy! And Thank you!

4. Samantha says:

I second that Ikea blanket! I have them all over my home in a cornucopia of amazing colours. Ikea has heaps of awesome threads. And they wash so well… and who cares if my shaggy dog curls up on it to watch an episode of “The Office” with me! Inexpensive and chic!

5. lesley says:

grace, thank you for these beautiful finds! stacy, thank you for the idea! i admit to buying blankets and throws the way some girls buy shoes.
    i may have to work a night-job to pay for some of these beauties!

6. jo says:

Hi Grace-
    This is great! Thanks for including us! I saw a post here about Black throws…we have some! If you can contact your “poster” we can give her the details….

Best,
    Jo at looolo

7. Shira says:

I was just looking for new throw for reading in bed! Thank you. (of course now instead of looking for one I have to choose- almost as hard!) Maren, it looks like the utility blanket throw from auto comes in black- good luck : )

8. stacy says:

Thanks, Grace! Yesterday, my problem was that I couldn’t find a throw I liked. Today, my problem is deciding which one (or two, or three…) to get!

9. i love the richard nixon throw…it would be a great blanket to cozy up w/ next to a fire….

10. Suzanne says:

I love the John Robshaw quilts! Yummy! I can imagine layering them would be just fantastic.
    I have an Old Navy throw I think was $17? It’s like my baby blanket in the winter. I walk around the house with it draped on my shoulders, or wrapped around my legs when I’m laying on the couch.
    What a fun post.

11. Pethra says:

Mmm, lots of nice colours. I sepecially like the two way throw in pink and orange!

12. Lisa says:

Great round up…..I also love these throws made from recycled sweaters.

13. Natty says:

Wow this is some serious guide !
    I have to say the Jonathan Adler one is my favorite ! This must go in my wishlist:)

14. Fay O'Meara says:

Is there anything that Jonathan Adler is NOT “designing”? Next thing yoy know, he will be putting his name on a line of farm equipment….

15. Miles says:

i like how you choose some affordable options…but there should be more as not all of us are swimming in moulah. i love a bargain — include more in your guides please!!

16. Tracy says:

I have a cashmere blanket from elegantlinenspc.com/Cashmere-blankets.htm that I love to use in the winter! Throw’s are my favorite though! I always wrap one around me when I take the dogs out or when I’m sitting on the couch watching tv! Winter is around the corner and I saw some really cute ones!