Welcome, Anna of Absolutely Beautiful Things

map
Hi Everyone, welcome to my guest week on Design*Sponge – what an incredibly exciting feeling this is!! I am just so thrilled to be here and I can’t wait to spend this special week with you!!

First I must thank Grace for inviting me here this week to play a part in her widely read, absolutely beautiful and incredibly successful blog. I feel completely honored to have been invited here amongst other guest bloggers who are all very inspiring, interesting and creative people. Thank you Grace!

As an interior Designer in Brisbane, Australia I love all things to do with design so when I started my blog, Absolutely Beautiful Things, late last year I didn’t realize at the time that it would open up an entirely new world to me and my business, Black & Spiro. In Australia, blogs are still a little on the “what’s a blog” side of things but slowly we are learning that blogs are a wonderful and interesting way to store & share information. So, in order to share some information on design in Australia, this week I intend to bring to Design*Sponge readers a virtual visit to some of my favourite design/homeware/furniture stores in Australia and to hopefully showcase what’s happening down here in the world of interior decoration & design.

I would also like to introduce Apryll Annie, a Sydney based interior design student who helped me prepare for my posts on D*S this week. As most of the stores I love are in Sydney and I am in Brisbane Apryll ran around and did the photography for me so I must send a huge thank you out to Apryll for all her wonderful work. Apryll has just set up her very own blog Apryll Annie so be sure to check out her site as she presents a lovely Aussie design student point of view.

Now enough of the formalities let the show begin!!!!

I LOVE to create inspiration boards when I am putting together a scheme for a client or a new scheme for my shop or home so when I was thinking about what I was going to post here at D*S this week I had to start with an inspiration board just to get my creative juices flowing. Let me show you my Aussie Inspiration board which I hope will give you an idea of what I will be focusing on this week!!

a1

a2

a3

a4

1. style court says:

Love your boards Anna! Can’t wait too see what you share this week.

Courtney

2. style court says:

Oops! Typo. Can’t wait to see your upcoming posts!

3. I’ll be tuning in daily. Congrats and welcome! Happy 30th too!

4. Anna, love your images of inspiration!

5. Apryll says:

Thank you Anna, it was such a pleasure! I love this inspiration board- colourful Aboriginal art is so covetable right now!

6. Denise says:

I am moving to Sydney, Australia next year and can’t wait to decorate our new apartment! Thank you so much for the resources!

7. Hi Anna, I’ll be tuning in for sure! Love the inspiration board!

Melissa

8. Ashley says:

I love ABT, Miss Anna! I look forward to reading your your guest posts this week on the DS!
    Welcome to the thirties!
    ~Ash

9. Katie says:

Anna-

I love your inspiration boards.

I studied abroad in Sydney and lived near Coogee Beach but went to school in the city. I enjoy mixing beach and urbn elements together. It has such a warm feeling!

10. this is great Anna! love the mix of color and pattern. can’t wait to see more this week! nice to meet you!

11. jhayne says:

hi anna! looking forward to tuning in over here, too ;) lovely posts as always!

12. Anna Spiro says:

Thanks Everyone for your encouraging comments!! I hope it’s going to be a great week here at D*S!!
    xo
    Anna

13. SeaBird says:

Love the inspiration board – it’s imspiring me to create my own!