tea party (teapot roundup)

tp1the other night i got really hung up on finding a new teapot for the kitchen. the one we have belongs to ac and it’s definitely seen better days. inspired by teresa chang‘s new teapot designs i decided to create a roundup of my favorite teapots. and a few coffee pots just for fun. 3 hours later i had over 60 teapots collected and a seriously massive post. but i thought, what the heck, why not use them all? so above and below you’ll find my favorite tea pots on the market, for a wide range of prices. hope you enjoy! just click “read more” to see the full post and many, many more teapots. [the eames giveaway is coming up next!]

[image above, clockwise from left to right: black gold coffee pot $440, seconds teapot $100, christine misiak teapots, iron rhapsody teapot $39.99, coffee for one $26, stump teapot $19.99, snow owl tea set $24]

[image above, clockwise from top left: double happiness teapot $24, troyan teapot $68, coffee for one (three colors) $26, utopia teapot $95, mirza teapot $148, tonfisk tea/coffee set $150, familia teapot $168]

[image above, clockwise from top left: paola navone teapot $195, 3035 minutes coffee pot $650, fruit basket teapot $245, anna’s artistry teapot $79.95, botanical pattern teapot $114, old dutch teapot set $24.99]

[image above, clockwise from top left: interflit teapot ($3,3530 for the heiresses in the audience), botanical teapot $300, masa teapot $32.95, cafino coffeemaker $273, teapot warmer $250, fornasetti teaset $311+, staub teapot $199.95, emperor’s garden teapot $320]

[image above: ruth cross teapot with cozy, $147 ]

[image above, clockwise from top left: varme teapot $9.99, eva zeisel teapot $112.50, five o’clock teapot $126, white enamel tea kettle $42.49, suomi coffee pot $158, chophouse teapot $60, sprig teapot $61, halo teapot $54.95, bath teapot $150, integrity teapot $49.95]

[image above: christine misiak teapot, $305]

[image above, clockwise from top left: i-pot tea set $29.99, magic flute teapot $460, tisane teapot $49.95, bora bora teapot $49.95]

[teapots above: gayane teapot, $205]

[teapot above: blue circuit coffee service $34]

[image above: porcelain branch tea pot, $69]

[image above: sleek teapot and warmer, $78]

[image above: christine misiak new/old teaset, $488]

[image above, left to right: missoni teapot $187, fleur tea for one $25]

[image above: terrakeramik teapot $106]

[image above, left to right: tea’s me teapot $25, float tea lantern $199]

[image above, left to right: heath ceramics teapot $157.50, esther derkx teapot $96]

[image above: black forest teapot $182]

[image above, left to right: apple branch ‘breakfast for one’, $128 including shipping to the US, red berry teapot $170]

1. meagan says:

These are all gorgeous! (i wish i was a tea drinker . . . sigh!)

2. Christine says:

Just last night I was at Anthropologie deciding between the owl teapot and the double hapiness teapot. In the end, the owls won out. They are so cute and the cups are adorable! Great collection of teapots. Thanks!

3. joy says:

ooh, love this round up! i may have a problem because i have three of the sets you showed! the white owls being one of them…those gayne ones are gorgeous…-joy

4. oh goodness this post had me drooling. Since its been getting chilly I have been drinking tea like crazy and my tea pot is just so plain!

5. Michelle says:

This is a wonderful guide!!! I drink tea everyday and I love teapots…thanks so much for sharing. :D

6. peggy says:

I never really thought of myself as a teapot collector but after thinking about it I must have like 10 or 11 pots.! I haven’t bought any in a couple of years but this post is seriously tempting me. I really scored on one of my purchases though… the Fornasetti one 8-9 years ago for $25 or $50 at of all places…. Nordstrom Rack. They had two and some of the plates. I didn’t buy the second one and I’ve been kicking myself ever since. I went back two days later and of course it was gone! My mother & my husband both get spooked by the face staring out at them! I have the matching plates and I tried hanging one behind the toilet when we bought a place after we got married and that was the first and only time I saw my husband stubbornly put his foot down! He said he didn’t want to be stared out while conducting his business lol!

7. lottie says:

A great post – you’ve done your teapot research so thoroughly. I have fallen in love with the Ruth Cross pot with cosy… so beautiful.

8. emily says:

Love this post! I adore teapots and would collect them if I had the room.
    We use Staub’s combination tea pot/kettle; there are certainly more lovely ones (although they do have some gorgeous enamels), but you can’t beat it for utility.

9. Jade says:

Nononononono! I should not be reading this post. This is torture! I want so many of these now and I already have something like eight or nine tea sets. Grr. The Christine Misiak sets in particular are killing me. I am also now missing Mariage Frères more than ever! Yumm!

10. jane says:

Beautiful! But which one did you choose? (I love the Missoni but cannot really spend that kind of money on a tea set…)

11. grace says:

i have the molo set :)

12. Jennifer says:

Hi Grace,

Beautiful teapots, and thanks so much for sharing them! I’m sure it’s just me, but I can’t ever seem to find the “read more” link. Any advice?

13. grace says:

hmm..on this post it’s right below the second image, on the left, under the little white teapot with the cork top. do you see it? if not, just shoot me an email and i can send you a screen grab :)

14. melissa says:

Ahhh!! This is making my head spin!! Seriously, I want them ALL!!

15. anna says:

I love these teapots!!!!! I’ve recently started a collection, and boy, do I have a long way to go.

16. Natty says:

Wow what a great list !!

17. Jessica Leas says:

I have a serious tea pot/coffee pot obsession and this post is not helping. Thank goodness I have no money or else I would go broke!

By the way, I love your blog. It is so nice to come home and see lovingly designed items when you are in a country where everything seems to be made of plastic!

18. rachael says:

great round-up! i have to get a new teapot now :/

19. Nina says:

some teapots from http://www.teacuppa.co mare boottiful as well

20. Carly says:

Last week, the staub sunflower color teapot was on sale for 44 dollars on amazon.com, FYI. I was hesitant spending 100+ on a teapot, but 44 was soooo worth it. I love it.

21. Signe says:

My husband and I are avid tea drinkers and it is so great to see so many options for beautiful tea pots. But the question I want to ask is which ones don’t drip down the spout after you pour. I have had this problem on every tea pot we have owned so far.

22. Annette says:

Thank you for this! I’ve been looking for the perfect Tea for one set for months now, and this was such a helpful guide! Thanks to this post, I discovered Rosanna Inc., and purchsed my pefect little set!

23. Jennifer says:

Thanks, Grace — I think I figured it out! I’ve been accessing the site through an RSS feed and was already viewing the full posts which was why I couldn’t find the jump. I was already impressed with the redesign, but now that finally seen the homepage in all its full glory I’m really blown away — beautiful work!

24. Stan says:

I simply adored every teapot I saw on this page. You must have gone to a lot of trouble to find all of them. I recently purchased a Royal
    tea set that was made of bone china. It was the English Meadow pattern and I really liked that all six cups and dessert plates were a little different. The robin’s egg blue is perfect for spring. I now want a set for winter; any suggestions?

25. jane says:

What a great post, I loved all of them! I think the Jonathan Adler one might be at the top of my list. Congrats on your new site, it is great!

26. Kate in England says:

What a beautiful selection! I feel compelled to point out, though, that it is only the teapot cozy that is made by Ruth Cross – the pot itself is made by Linda Bloomfield. Who is my cousin’s wife!

27. bobbie says:

wonderful round up! i want them all. my tea tastes so much better coming from a beautiful teapot.

28. holiday says:

save the world with tea

29. Thank you Kate for your comment. And thank you for putting the cozy teapot in this beautiful selection.

30. Amadeus says:

Very cool post. I enjoy the unusual, unique as well. Here is a recent post I did from an artist named Nancy Adams that makes really unique artful teapots: http://dharmavision.typepad.com/teapotdiversions/2007/09/very-artful-tea.html

Peace and Joy!

31. Lalla Lydia says:

Oh, that Jonathan Adler Utopia teapot is so lovely. It reminds me of Nasser Ovissi’s artwork…
    Great post, I love your blog!

32. jenwah says:

hello! anyone know the manufacturer of the coffee for one french press? i’d love to carry them at my store!

33. Alexis says:

Wonderful teapots. Remember that china teapots brew the best tea in the world. As well if you have your tea in a china cup/mug it tastes 100 per cent better than out of a pottery vessel. Don’t forget to fill your teapot with hot water and empty before making your tea. Let your tea steep and remove bags. Sit back and relax.

34. Evelyn says:

I want so many of these!! Besides the teapot warmer and the cozy’s though, I don’t see any teapots that seem like they would keep tea warm for an extended time. Thermos brand or Sigg (or another mug brand) should make one with an aluminum insulation.

35. Katherine says:

and yet…..I want more! As a southerner and a half-brit, I too drink tea at least 3 times a day. I currently use my dad’s old stainless steel pot from england, but I would love to get a beautiful, jane austen style porcelain piece. You gave me some great ideas! Thanks as always.

36. Elena says:

Lovely post thanks you. However, it is not helping my teapot obsession!!! Now I have more resources to check out.