sneak peek: d*s

Aaron and Grace
hi guys- i’m so sorry it’s taking so long to load the site. we’re getting slammed with traffic so i’m afraid things are loading a bit more slowly than i’d hope. that includes the admin half of the site so it’s taken me forever to upload these photos for the sneak peek. so a big round of sorries all around, we’re working on fixing it right now.

i’m so thrilled to welcome you to the new d*s and to our home! it’s a little weird to put all of this out in the open (now i know how all the other sneak peek-ers feel!) but i figured that with the new site comes new beginnings and hopefully the ability to be a little bit less afraid of putting ourselves out there. so, without further ado let me introduce you to ac, me, ms. jackson (in ac’s lap) and turk (in my lap). we hope you enjoy this little peek into our home. please click “more” below to see the full sneak peek. [all photos by grace bonney, please do not use without permission]

Aaron and Grace

[ac and i live in an old building off of 7th avenue in park slope brooklyn. our apartment is one of those floor throughs where you get the most light at either end of the building (and practically none in the middle). so our bedroom has always been my favorite room of the house. it also happens to be one of the more finished rooms in the house. above our bed is a framed piece of wallpaper by nama rococo, joined by sconces from restoration hardware. our bedding is from john robshaw and the rug (my favorite) is by madeline weinrib. i hit up the abc home warehouse in the bronx last week and scored two of her rugs. i decided to paint the molding frames around the walls but i haven’t finished the ones behind ac’s dresser. that’s pretty typical grace. i promised ac i’ll finish soon so it’s on my schedule for this week. our dressers are vintage from modhaus in boston.]

Aaron and Grace

[above ac’s dresser (and ms. jackson stretching) is one of my favorite pieces in the house, a painting by amy ruppel]

Aaron and Grace

[above my dresser is are illustrations by lindsey adelman and kate sutton]

Aaron and Grace

[a vintage kofod larsen chair from modhaus, reupholstered in hable construction ‘fig’ fabric]

Aaron and Grace

[this is our music room next to the bedroom. it serves as one part library and one part ‘rock out’ zone for ac and his guitars.]

Aaron and Grace

[our dining room is far from finished but i still love our chairs and rug. the chairs are from williams sonoma home and the table is from ikea. the rug is a sale find from abc home (madeline weinrib) and the picture on the wall is another framed piece of nama rococo wallpaper.]

Aaron and Grace

[it’s so dark in the middle part of our apt but i had to get this mirror in here. it’s one of my favorite pieces in the house- it’s a white vintage regency style mirror from jayson home in chicago. i just love it. darn the bad lighting in there!]

Aaron and Grace

[our bathroom bid adieu to the anthropologie circles and said hello to a rich coat of benjamin moore’s ‘bittersweet chocolate’ it’s a very different look but i love the richness of it all. but lord if i don’t hate those grey tiles. HATE THEM.]

Aaron and Grace

[i love little details in a home. this light fixture is a piece i picked up at cog & pearl in brooklyn. it’s by kiln enamel]

Aaron and Grace

[our kitchen is tiny but fairly functional. i comissioned this small painting from jen garrido and built the pegboard a few months back]

[last but not least, some of my favorite ceramics in the kitchen: my salt cellar is from white bike ceramics, the purple tray is from lorena barrezueta, the little cactus to the left sits in a vintage bowl from upstate ny and a little cupcake topper from back in the day bakery reminds me of my trip to savannah this summer]

1. Martha says:

can i give out a call for an updated sneak peek??

1. grace says:

martha

ha. not much has changed in the house since then, sorry. if it does, i’ll definitely update ;)

grace

2. Mary says:

Your apt. looks terrific. Love the mirror from Jayson Home & Garden; can you tell me what color you used on the bathroom walls? Thanks.

3. Liz says:

Any chance you remember where the kitchen hardware (the gold circle pattern) is from? It’s perfect!

1. grace says:

liz

it’s from anthropologie :)

g

4. CJ says:

Wow,I am in love with the Robshaw quilt…now I’ll obsess trying to find one..probably vintage? Any suggestions on where to begin to look? Know the collection or style name? (Or when you get tired of yours,let me know..lol..used is fine…and don’t even mind kittycat hair…) Love the duvet cover as well…Everything is just so beautiful!

1. grace says:

cj

just try robshaw- they might have leftovers. you could try auto (thisisauto.com) to see if they have leftovers too. then i’d try ebay..

g

5. CJ says:

Thanks for the suggestions, Grace, but I’ve hit a dead end, Im afraid…Do you recall exactly where you found yours? Maybe that would be a start to finding “leftovers”…Also might help to know the pattern or collection name? Thanks so much!

1. grace says:

hi cj

the pattern is called “poppy”- did you call the robshaw office? they’d probably be the best source for more info…

g

6. CJ says:

I wrote them and got an email back saying they didnt have it, Funny I was calling it poppy cause they looked like what i remembered poppies lookin like…maybe i’ll call them tomorrow and see if i have better luck..Thanks!

7. CJ says:

Grace,
    I hit a dead end all around, unfortuneately. Will keep watching ebay for a used one. Please file my email in case you run across one for sale or tire of yours..lol… I would greatly appreciate it. Not necessary to publish this post unless you see fit..
    Thanks, again! CJ

1. grace says:

will do! i’ll let you know if i find anything :)

8. CJ says:

Thanks! You’re the best! ;)

9. Amesh says:

Thank you for the sneak peek and for sharing :) Your house is lovely!