sneak peek: andrew sidford

one of the best parts of the eames giveaway was getting to see so many beautiful homes. one of those belonged to finalists andrew sidford and his wife jeannette. based in london, andrew is the creative director of made in earnest, a design studio that creates work for magazines, websites, logos, corporate identity and much more. andrew and jeannette’s home is incredibly beautiful so i couldn’t resist showing a few more photos (i want to move into their backyard and set up camp). thank you so much to andrew for sharing these with us. enjoy!

1. jodi says:

what a beautiful space!
    love the garden, too.

2. That looks like a (very lovely) example of a very typical London Victorian house. And now I’m feeling all homesick :(

3. punky says:

that yard is amazing. i have one of those yard chairs, i need some more.

4. katie says:

where are those curtains from in the top picture? i l o v e them.

5. Erin T says:

I’m so glad we got to see more of this beautiful home. I love the look of layered neutrals.

6. Judith says:

The garden! Oh so beautifully designed.

7. jane says:

love the house, but really love the garden! more, please (other entries)!

8. tammy says:

beautiful. has inspired envy in me.

9. maren says:

If possible, could we find out where that plaid throw on the sofa is from? It looks updated-English and I love it!

10. Sheila says:

Yes, love love triple heart love the yard. Where can I find those chairs?

11. cbw says:

is that a towel warmer in the bathroom? can you please provide information on the maker.

12. Saffron says:

Thanks for showing us this fantastic house! This house has great bones, and I especially adore the high ceilings.

13. pHilip says:

I love white : )

14. Amelia says:

Lovely home! Very scandinavian style…

15. zee says:

Maren, I dunno where Andrew’s throw is from but Re-Found Objects in the UK do similar ones…

16. Raquel says:

Very lucky to have a garden in London!
    The curtains are not, but look a little like these:

17. ethanollie says:

beautiful home…would anyone know where the curtain fabric in the bedroom is from? or similar?

18. Thanks everyone. Its a shame we didn’t win the Eames chair but Grace doing this is a price in itself.

Some responses:

Paola: London Victorian all the way.

Katie: the curtains were hand made. we got the fabric from a now sadly closed organic shop in London.

Sheila: the garden chairs are from Ikea. They did come with a footstool as well. We designed the garden yourselves, but it was improved upon by All Seasons Edens for did the construction and planting.

cbw: the radiator in the bathroom is from Aston Matthews ( ).

Thanks again Grace.

19. Amelia: I would love our home to be more Scandanavian and would gladly move to Stockholm, Helsinki or Copenhagen. Design and attention to detail seems to be inbuilt in everything and everybody.

20. Christina says:

I love his pot rack, I’ve been looking at something similar at Crate and Barrel but I like this one better. Anyone know where to find it? Thanks!

21. Stacy says:

LOVE the garden.

22. Sadia says:

i wish it cud b mine…….

23. Sue says:

Great place – would love to know where the couch covers are from? If anyone knows where I can get some similar to these I would be grateful. I am from Geelong, Vic

24. The high sided walls really set it off and make it nice and private

look like old ind buildings

25. Saeed says:

absolutely stunning ! thank you ! :)

26. melanie says:

what a relaxing, cozy, white home! i love it!

27. Caroline Jones says:

Lovely house, please can you tell me where the long sofa is from.